Wish Center

joyful516
on 12/16/03 5:27 am - Gilbert, AZ
Has anyone had experience with the Wish Center in Phoenix???
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/03 12:07 pm - El Mirage, AZ
I am almost a month post op, and went through the Scottsdale Bariatric Center, with Dr. Doxey (Dr. Robin Blackstone is the other surgeon) I can't say ENOUGH good things about them. Unfortunately, if you are battling approval thru insurance, which trust me, I DID, with Cigna, they were kinda worthless, which disappointed me, but the pre-op education classes (which are required) to office visits, to my post op class...it was ALL very well organized, very well run and I KNOW if I ever have a question, they are but a call away. The hospital stay was "OK", but the rooms are very large, nice VIP suites. (yah, they were nice, but hospital rooms don't excite me much anyhow...lol) Aside from a few snags, I wouldn't have went anywhere else. Good luck to you! Michelle
Shrinking F.
on 12/16/03 11:54 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I'm with the Wish Center and Dr. Pulawski, my surgery is scheduled for January 13, 2004. I just love them. From the get go I was very comfortable with everyone I came in contact with. They handled all the paperwork with the insurance, so I didn't need to battle that at all. I've been on pre-surgery goals for the past 8 weeks and a week doesn't go by without someone contacting me from WISH to see how I'm doing and if I have any troubles. I've never sent an email with a question without getting a response sometime that very day. They've been fantastic. I can't tell you how the surgery's gone as I've not had it, but I've had three friends go through them and they are the one's that convinced me to go through them as well. I don't know much about BTC, other than they seemed very pushy to get me on board. They even offered "specials" to get me to sign up at a particular time. Not sure I want my surgery to be a "special" I suppose what it boils down to is what you're comfortable with. I'm sure that WISH and BTC are just as great as the other. It's an individual choice and we all have our own opinions. (You know what they say about opinions don't you) Good luck with everything. KL
Kim R.
on 12/17/03 12:21 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi Joy, I am with BTC, currently waiting for approval from my insurance. I have had nothing but a good experience with them. Absolutley NO PRESSURE! I spoke with the surgeon and immediately felt he was the one to do my surgery. Their facility is brand new and the staff is really helpful. I cannot speak for the Wish Center other than what I have read repeatedly here on the boards. The one thing that seems to be a real shock is they ask for $2,000 at the time of surgery. Several people have commented that they were not told this upfront. If you go with them I'd make sure they cover all your costs prior to you coming in for surgery. Whoever you go with good luck! Kim Richards
WENDY B.
on 12/17/03 6:49 am - AZ
I had my surgery done by Dr.Weinke at the WishCenter and was 110% happy! The program they have is more comprehensive than any of the other programs I looked into. In fact they won't even let you schedule surgery until you a team of doctors 2 times! A Nutritionist, Exercise Physiologist, Phsycologist, and the surgeon of your choice! And do a series of medical testing for med clearance. They make sure you know your stuff and set you up for success! The program continues until you are 2 years post op! THEY PUT NO PRESSURE ON YOU! But KNOWLEDGE IS POWER and when you go thru the WishCenter you will know your stuff and feel confident about your choice. The hospital may not be brand new, in fact it is old! But I recieved the best medical care, with some great nurses! My sister also went thru them several months before I did and had a great experience and loved the whole staff!
Arizona_Sun
on 12/17/03 10:19 am - Gilbert, AZ
My surgery was with the Bariatric Treatment Center in Scottsdale. I have nothing but good to say about them. They are still in the process of getting their patient load up to capacity since they are new here in the valley. I did not mind it though that I had a private room because they have not reached that goal yet. You can see pictures of my experience with them on my website at www.acdlady.com/WLS_5 and on. I never experienced a "hard" sell attitude from them and my stay in their facility was totally wonderful. The staff is very helpful, compassionate, and caring. You can research a surgeon that you are considering on www.bomex.org and that was part of my process in deciding between Wish Center's Dr. Koler and BTC's Dr. Schlesinger. I am convinced that you cannot have too much education about who does the surgery and why you would do it and what you can expect from it pro and con. Sandra
Amy B.
on 12/30/03 1:27 pm - prescott valley, az
I went through the Wish Center and had no problems at all they were great.They are very supportive and educational.I would tell anyone its who makes you comfortable because you have to have faith in a surgeon.But i really like Dr.Wienke
Most Active