post op question....................

donnasmiley75
on 12/8/03 11:53 am - glendale, AZ
how fast do they make you walk after surgery and how much pain is there? also i just did my last therapist appt today does anyone know how much longer i need to wait to get my aprovel?
cindy
on 12/8/03 2:04 pm - Mesa, az
You want to get up and walk as soon as you can, the first time is hard, but the more you walk the better it gets, and the better it feels, walking helps to keep the gas from building up so much. The wait for approval would depend on your insurance company and how fast your surgeon's office puts in the request. Call the surgeon's office and find out when they put the request into your insurance company, and they might know the average wait for the insurance company to approve. You have made the best decision for yourself to have the WLS. Good luck, and keep us posted Cindy
Tanya T.
on 12/9/03 4:24 am - mesa, az
Donna, I got stuck in recovery for 8 hours but as soon as I got to my room I walked. I was not in horrible pain more tenderness, weak, bloated and tired. You will do fine. Who is your doc? Tanya t
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/03 10:41 am - El Mirage, AZ
I had surgery @ 9:45, stayed in recovery for freakin' EVER, and finally got a room @ 5-6 that night. As soon as they got me settled, I was up and walking. You have your pain pump, but honestly, they had to REMIND me to use it. I tolerate pain well and simply wouldn't use it much. I walked most every hour. (I did lapse overnight, but I was so wiped out) If I walked in the wee hours, it was due to some lab tech or nurse waking me up so much that I couldn't go back to sleep. Figured "might as well WALK". (Light sleeper) As for the approval, it was a long 8 month jpurney for me. Read my profile from Sept on for all the gory details, it was NOT fun or easy for me, but I BEAT them. ~Michelle
Most Active