surgery tomorrow!!

sandi
on 12/3/03 7:13 am - bowie, MD
Well, its the day before surgery. I never thought I would make it. Somehow I figured they would change their mind, because one test came back bad, or something. Sorrry Barbara about your delay, but see, now I can go first and tell you how it went. I am more afraid of drinking this prep stuff before the surgery then the actual surgery! Maybe it wont be so bad, oh well gotta go, wish me luck! Sandi
Arizona_Sun
on 12/3/03 7:58 am - Gilbert, AZ
Good luck!! My day is Monday. I don't have to drink the prep stuff. They just told me to make sure that I had a bowel movement on Sunday. Okay, I can do that. It is funny how each place is different. Sandra
(deactivated member)
on 12/3/03 8:54 am - El Mirage, AZ
Sandi, Good luck! I'll be saying a prayer for you! I am post-op (as of 11/21) and I have to say, even after a week, (and more now) I was feeling MUCH better. Now, as for the magnesium citrate stuff, mine was listed as "pleasing lemony flavor" I thought, "YAHHHH, riiiiight", even had a cranberry juice chaser to follow, but you know what, aside from making my mouth water something FIERCE, it was NOT bad. NOT bad at ALL. Having eaten light 2 days prior, there wasn't much to "act on" either. After you take that stuff, have your surgery, and THEN have to drink the VILE swallow test liquid, THEN let's compare..LOL! Dear GOD, if I would have HAD anything in my tummy, I woulda yacked ALLLL over the place. Now THAT stuff, is HORRIBLE. Fair warning. Now, you'll have something to look forward to, eh? LOL Just remember, WALK, WALK, WALK. First time up, I made a complete loop around the nurses stations, which is a pretty good walk. After that, I was even walking fairly briskly. It's amazing how much better it makes you feel and heal. God speed! ~Michelle
Tammy F.
on 12/3/03 10:06 am - Fishers, IN
Good luck Sandi! Please make sure you get up and walk as soon as possible after the surgery and that you use your incentive spirometer. They both make a HUGE difference in how much better you feel and faster you will heal! See you on the other side soon! Tammy
sandi
on 12/3/03 11:32 am - bowie, MD
Thanks guys for you well wishes, Boy did that prep work, but it was vile! It was like drinking sal****er, it makes me want to just thinking about it! Well now the big thing is I have to get up at 4AM I have to be at the hospital at 5:30. Well talk to you all soon, Sandi
Most Active