I do digest... parts 6 through 12

Patti H.
on 11/25/03 1:03 pm - Tucson, AZ
Tuesday, November 25, 2003 9:47 pm I've not written for a long time... over a week, maybe? Lots has been happening. Mostly I'm tired between working and working and so I nap instead of writing. I'm so far behind on messages I don't even know who is waiting for what any more. Last Wednesday... Headlines could have read, "Noted U of A Lecturer and therapist seen oozing slime in trash cans throughout Tucson Mall" Okay, that's too long a headline, and I'm being grandiose. But I was SO self conscious. What'd I do, you ask? Well, I was walking through the mall (not bad for almost two weeks post op) and realized I still had my calcium tabs in my pocket. So, I began chewing them. Insufficien****er preparation for that one! I started "frothing", but not in a frothy way. In a hard, globby slimey way, and it got UGLY. It's coming up in my throat and I can't keep it down and I have no tissues, so I'm running to a trash can, eeping mounds of slimey goo into the can; then thinking I'm okay, continuing my walk, only to have to hurry to another trash can. It weren't pretty! That made my pouch sensitive and so it didn't want much water and I had to force it in, which made my pouch irritable (and me, too) and so I spent the next few days in a dilemma of not being able to get all the protein in that I'd been eating days before. I've continued chugging the water, and have included a bit of chamomile tea about an hour before meals, and things are going in and staying in better. Mostly I eat low fat cottage cheese, eggs, deli-sliced turkey with a bit of mozzarella rolled up in it, tofu and occasionally I try fish. Fish and I aren't doing well. In fact, I just lost what I'd eaten so mindfully awhile ago. One bite too much and all of it bailed! "That's MINE!" I argued as it made its way to the porcelain bowl. It left anyway. So, now that I've disgusted you, I can tell you that I'm feeling well. I nap between things when I can. I'm sleeping well at night. At my weight people can't tell really that I've lost weight, but they think I look great. 30 pounds gone takes a lot of pudge off of my face. I'm beginning to believe that I can do this... I really do get to lose weight. This is VERY exciting. I'm learning so much about my resistence, and the surgery has given me the power of "No!" A power I've not had for at least 25 years. I get out and walk twice a day. My back is still cramping severely in the middle (like at my bra line and below) and it's a pain in the arse to walk, bend over and stretch, walk, bend over and stretch... you get the picture. But I do it. I will read messages on Thursday while I'm traveling, and check up to see how YOU guys are doing. I miss our direct chats with each other! With love, Patti Harada in Tucson A Moxie Doxey Doll at 19 days post op Definition of Moxie The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage.
Tamara T.
on 11/26/03 12:55 am - Claypool, AZ
I so look forward to your posts. You are doing wonderful! So happy for you.
Arizona_Sun
on 11/26/03 11:56 am - Gilbert, AZ
Patti - are you doing any protein drinks to add to your daily protein intake? Something like Champion Pure Whey Stack, I actually like this stuff. You need to add humor to your definition of Moxie. I love your attitude. Sandra
Tanya T.
on 11/27/03 3:18 am - mesa, az
Patti, Glad to see your post! I was about to take a drive to Tuscon and find you to make sure you were doing fine. Tanya T
Most Active