Designer Protein Shakes

Patty P.
on 11/20/03 5:23 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Patty has been drinking two (a day) of the "Designer Protein" shakes for quite a while now; at first, she was not crazy about the taste, but we discovered that serving the shake in one of those "frosty mugs" (the kind that keep hubby's beer cold) makes it a tad more appealing. Just thought I'd pass that tip along. - Shell, Patty's husband
joyful516
on 11/21/03 1:34 am - Gilbert, AZ
Tell me about your shakes. WHere are you in the program and how are you feeling? I am getting ready about 9 weeks out.
Patty P.
on 11/21/03 3:03 am - PHOENIX, AZ
Hi Joy - As I mentioned in the posting, Patty is using "Designer" Whey Protein Supplement (chocolate flavor) shakes. Patty had her surgery way back on July 23rd (17 weeks ago), and she is doing pretty well, I think, but she has some trouble eating anything other than very small portions, which I think is normal. We have also been doing a LOT of walking along the canal, taking our oldest dog, Missy, along with us (she needs the exercise) - Patty first started on the shakes back in the middle of August, after trying a few other brands that didn't agree with her. To be honest, she isn't crazy about the "Designer" shakes, because she thinks that they are too sweet, and Patty never had much of a sweet tooth to start with. Patty came up with the idea of serving the shakes in one of those "frosty" mugs (you can get them at a lot of places, but we purchased them from Walgreen's for $1.00), which makes the shake more like a frosty, with a much thicker consistency, so Patty SLOWLY eats them with a spoon. I make the shakes with two ice cubes, two scoops of the powder, and I also add half a banana, which Patty likes, and it also gives her some needed potassium. I hope that this helps you, Joy. Cheers, Shell, Patty's "better half"
lemarie22
on 11/22/03 2:55 pm - Glendale, AZ
Shell, I just wanted to say what a great husband you are for being so active in Patty's weight loss journey. Connie
Patty P.
on 11/23/03 11:14 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
Connie -- Thanks so much for that, your supportive words mean a lot to me; I love Patty to bits and would do anything for her. Shell
Most Active