I do digest in the evening, part 2a

Patti H.
on 11/14/03 9:13 am - Tucson, AZ
Friday, November 14, 2003 5:55 pm: Back from my first "meal out". Dad and Daughter and I went to Mimi's Café. Shudderingly weird to sit at a table and not order iced tea with an extra glass of ice and glug down two or three waiting for dinner. Same for the basket of rolls. Same for the salad. But HERE is what is exciting!!! I couldn't fathom putting them in... okay, except the iced tea and water. Oh, Gawd! I felt so sad! Then dinner came and my dad ordered one of my favorites and, again, I couldn't imagine eating it, though I clearly remember how much I like it. Get this: I'm completely clear... aware... that I don't have the "stomach" for that much food! When I look at how much of that would fit in my pouch right now, I realize what a waste of time it would be to even TRY to eat it. And I'd starve to death nutritionally trying to eat that way, because there'd be no room for the nutrition foods. The meals arrived and I grabbed my bread plate, polished handsomely by nervous, water-glass-wanting fingers, and scooped about... oh, I don't know... a little tiny square of salmon... onto my little blue plate. Nice texture. Nice taste. Nice to have something that you can actually chew. Long after they finished eating, I was still chewing. The salmon was more interesting than their conversation so mindfulness was easy. Know what was hardest? Craving... A glass of cold water right after the meal. Ooohh...... I'm gonna go to bed and read Jennifer's nutrition book so I can feel extra happy about my Omega 3 Fatty Acids winding their way through my blood stream! Yup! Patti Harada in Tucson A Moxey Doxey Doll 1 week postop
Arizona_Sun
on 11/14/03 9:24 am - Gilbert, AZ
Do you plan to do any protein shakes as part of your protein intake? I am impressed with what you are already able to eat. Sandra
Patti H.
on 11/15/03 4:06 am - Tucson, AZ
No, I don't. Dr. Blackstone's philosophy is interesting. For most of us, liquid protein drinks are part of a "dieting" mentality. But more importantly, we don't get to take advantage of this precious first month where our sensitivity to the pouch is high. During this time, you are much more willing to chew the blazes out of every bite... mindfully! With something liquid, you are inclined to ignore what's happening. Make sense? Thanks so much for your support! Patti Harada in Tucson A Moxie Doxey Doll 8 days post op
Most Active