home from surgery

Terryann B.
on 10/29/03 10:58 am - Tucson, AZ
Hi everyone! I had my surgery on the 22nd and i came home on the 25th, everything went well! The one funny thing that they don't tell you is while your in the hospital they are pumping you with so much liquids(with IV) that you can 20-25lbs i almost had a heart attack! the 20lbs just dissappeared 2 days after i got home and now i am 1 week post op and i have lost another 11lbs so i am finally on the losers side!!!! yeah
OLEVIA J.
on 10/29/03 1:19 pm - GILBERT, AZ
Welcome home, Terryann You are now on the loosing team. You have got to be proud. You had your surgery on my birthday, what an honor. (Just kidding) However, I did get my approval on that day, too. (Not kidding) I pray for a speedy recovery. I am looking forward to seeing you on the loosing team, too. God be with you.
Shrinking F.
on 10/30/03 3:50 am - Phoenix, AZ
Woohoo... welcome home! Glad to hear you're doing well. Gives me hope for all this. Keep us posted on your progress. KL
Tanya T.
on 10/30/03 4:16 am - mesa, az
Terryann, Congradulations! I was two days behind you, I had surgery on the 24th. I too gained weight in the hospital and remember stepping on the scale and having it up 10 pounds and saying "this sucks I gain 10 pounds from having my surgery!!!" I then realized that it was water retention, I had a hear monitor that was about half the size of a laptop computer attached to me, and I was holding a bag of pea!!!! I went to the doc's office on Tuesday (4th day post-op) and I was down 17 pounds so I lost the 10 of water weight and seven others!! It is kind disconcerting stepping on the scale and seeing it higher! Here is to a fast recovery for the both of us!!! (ps this is water ya know) Tanya
Kelly D.
on 11/9/03 2:03 am - Phoenix, AZ
Congrats! I know I'm a little slow in responding to this, but i had my lap RNY on 10-29. I gained 14 lbs of water weight & I remember getting on the scale 10-30 & fighting back tears. Since then, i not only lost all the water weight, I have also lost 15.6 lbs of chub. Woo Hoo! Still have a ways to go, but this is a great start to a new, healthier life.
Most Active