OMG!!!?? I'm APPROVED!!!

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/03 12:55 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Hello everyone! Well, today it FINALLY happened....Ron from Cigna called me, and said those 6 glorious WORDS: YOU ARE APPROVED FOR GASTRIC BYPASS!!!! My GOD, I almost fainted, I felt so light headed. He called while I was at work, on my cell. I could hear it ringing, but not only could I not answer due to being on the phone, (damn working in a call center, huh?? LOL) the center director was standing right outisde my "land in the prairie dog farm" LOL OH WELL, figured it was Mark anyhow...just calling to see how I was doing.(not that that was a BAD thng, mind you!) So, after I finished my call, I went inter "aftercall", or as we refer to it as "ACW" (not good) and called my cell phone real quick. Well my GOD, I almost fell over to hear it was Ron Damascus from Cigna, asking me to call hm right back. Well, I JUST KNEW, I HAD MY APPROVAL. He even sounded pleased and happy to offer that approval. So, I got the approval number from him and he then asked if he could fax the hard copy to me tomorrow. I said "yes", until I realized I don't work again until Nov. 3rd! I said "just mail it". I then called Dr. Blackstone's office and shared my news with Becky. She was THRILLED, but quickly had to clarify "Wait, for who, Cigna or Blue Cross"?!! (as I was going for Blue Cross, being that Cigna denied me) She about fell OVER to learn I got it overturned this late in the game. I gave her Ron's number to have them send/fax a hard copy of the approval, and then they will call me to set up a surgery date. Looks like surgery will be for tail end of Nov. (WORKS FOR ME..lots to be thankful for) All I can say, to the folks I am sending this off to, who are still trying to gain approval is, DO NOT GIVE UP. I was literally PAST my very last try, (after getting denied by Cigna, and then Hayes Plus, the external reviewer. They'd like you to believe THAT IS THE END. I'm here to say and PROVE, it is not. Do NOT give up!!! If you are not a self funded policy, and have been wrongly denied, meaning, you met all their requirements, (if that is even possible anymore, for as often as they CHANGE them) file a complaint with the Dept. of Insurance. ( I couldn't) If you are SELF FUNDED, get your HR person involved. I didn't go for help with Brinks right away for two reasons: * I didn't think it would help * I didn't want "my personal business" out there. Well, I am here to tell you, they CAN make a difference. They pay the premiums and claims, they DO have a say. Like I said to Mark, I'd rather have Brinks knowing about it than the people @ Waste Mgmt. I don't work @ Brinks, you know?? I also have to give kudos to Jane Grace, with Senator Kyl's office. She offered to forward my case to Washington DC's Dept. of Labor. Well, because she would have only faxed this today, I am inclined to believe it was Brinks that got me approved. (I can be for certain yet, I'll e-mail, tell her I got approved, and see what she says) I am sending her a THANK YOU after I send this off. DO get your local politicians involved. They need to know, and I'm proof that they'll listen. HUGS TO YOU ALL!!! Michelle
Patti H.
on 10/28/03 1:11 pm - Tucson, AZ
You'd think you were MY kid and not someone else's. I'm so thrilled, I'm tearful and nearly speechless! Time to do the happy dance! with love, Angel Patti
Patty P.
on 10/28/03 1:19 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
All my good wishes go to you ! - Shell/Patty
buttercup C.
on 10/28/03 10:38 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Congrats!!!! I am not a frequent poster but a lurker and I have been keeping up with your story! Not that anyone doesn't deserve to be approved, but you worked sooooo HARD at it! WELL DESERVED!!! I am truly happy for you and wish you a speedy and eventful recovery!!!!
Arizona_Sun
on 10/28/03 10:43 pm - Gilbert, AZ
What wonderful news!!! I am so excited for you. Perserverence really does pay off. Sandra
Tamara T.
on 10/29/03 1:46 am - Claypool, AZ
I actually have chills. I am so very happy for you sweetie! You have worked long and hard for this. You deserve it. You have definitely paved the road for the rest of us. You are wonderful!!! I am really in tears here for you. All my best wishes. Hope to see you on the other side soon. Tammy
Tanya T.
on 10/29/03 4:45 am - mesa, az
Mich, I never doubted for a moment you would win this battle. You have fought so very hard to save your own live. Congradulations and let us all know when you get a date!!! Tanya T
cindy
on 10/29/03 4:47 am - Mesa, az
I am doing a Happy Dance for you, OMG, you have worked so hard at getting approved, Dr. Blackstone is a wonderful surgeon, and you are so worth this surgery.
victorious711
on 10/29/03 7:19 am - flagstaff, AZ
That is so awesome!!! I'm trying to not be envious! ;) Late November sounds great. one last thanksgiving dinner blowout eh? :D
sharon H.
on 10/29/03 7:33 am - tempe, az
Congratulations Michelle, you certainly do deserve this. I'm not a regular poster but I come on every evening and read the highs and lows that everyone goes through. You are an inspiration to all of us that have been denied and are fighting as fast and hard as we can. Good job!!!
Most Active