A little FYI on the 26 weeks ~vs~ 6 months

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/03 2:04 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Hi everyone, well, I went in weighed in, AGAIN, even though I had already COMPLETED my 6 months. Now Cigna has BOTH: 6 months AND 26 weeks. SO THERE! I would strongly recommend for any newbies here to do the 26 weeks, even though for me, it was an even split, from one denial to another WHICH they truly required. I also got a copy of my Psych eval., or at least a "mini report" of it. The gal said no way was she giving Cigna my full report, to possibly use against me. When I asked if she could fax it, and how long it would take, she said "Well, about a 1/2 hour, as I want Dr. Ozer to sign it herself, so that way Cigna can't say we "rubber stamped" and now need a "REAL"sgnature. (GOD, I love this woman) Silly me for ever thinking that even tho my SURGEON, *****quires this test, AND clearly stated that I had it, with the Dr's name, date, AND that I passed it with flying colors, would be good enough for Cigna. (there I go again "thinkin'", huh?) This is the first time in a very LONG time that anyone medically was both ON MY SIDE, and NICE. I am seriously, sending a thank you card to her AND Dr. Ozer. She made my day, and I SOOO needed that
Arizona_Sun
on 10/21/03 4:22 am - Gilbert, AZ
Michelle, thank you for recommending Dr. Ozer I had my session with her yesterday and gave myself carpal tunnel by doing that test She is great! She was out-of-network for me, but I wanted to go to someone that I knew would be surgery positive so your recommendation was very much appreciated. I told her secretary that I had been referred by you. She also gave me the advice of NOT sending my full report to the insurance so that is good to have in mind ahead of time. Now I am just waiting on the final paperwork so that I can have all of this off to the insurance company for what I hope will be an uneventful approval. Thank goodness I don't have Cigna!!! Take care and I hope your tenacity wins the war. Sandra
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/03 1:29 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Sandra, I think ANYONE you would have seen would have been out of network. Still, if I had to spend my $225.00, she'd be the one I'd spend it ON. What a neat lady. Very good listener (Yes, I KNOW it's her "job", but that doesn't always make people a good listener) very kind, compassionate. You just can't fake that. Glad I could be of help to you. Kathleen (front desk is STILL getting her card, I'm mailing it off tomorrow)
Tamara T.
on 10/22/03 1:39 am - Claypool, AZ
You completely amaze me! After all that has been thrown at you and you still have the courage to keep going. You are my hero!!! Tammy
Most Active