Appt with Bariatric -- what can I expect?

Sonny S.
on 10/15/03 1:53 pm - Pheonix, AZ
Have an appointment for intake with Blackstone office -- what can I expect to happen. Thnaks in advance.
Patti H.
on 10/15/03 4:09 pm - Tucson, AZ
Gosh, my first appointment with Dr.Blackstone's office was exciting. I met with the nutritionist and learned what to expect with the surgery and afterward. Then I met with the surgical physicians assistant (Melissa?) and she examined me, told me some things about the surgery, and weighed me. And I talked to Becky and handed her my binder of info. I found out that day, though, that I had to see their psychologist, and that kind of made me mad since I'd already seen one down here and gotten a letter. But fortunately, I was able to get an August 1st appointment with Dr. Galper. It required another drive from Tucson to Phoenix, but oh well. I was mostly anxious because *I* thought that with all my documentation completely finished... all the diets documented and exceeding cigna's requirements... that my packet would go to cigna the next day (ha!) and I'd be approved in 3 weeks and have surgery in August. Well, that's not how it shook out. Becky had delays and though I had my required psych eval done and the info sent over on the 1st of August, it didn't get sent to cigna until the 29th! And THEN I found out how rough a ride cigna makes things. It was really horrible. But the staff is great. You'll be astounded... the chairs are big enough for my um... girth? The gowns you slip into for the exam are big big big! The table you lie on lifts you back up. The first compassionate examination table I've ever been on. The staff is wonderful. Let us know how it goes for you, okay? Patti in Tucson Surgery date November 7th 9:30 am
Tamara T.
on 10/16/03 3:43 am - Claypool, AZ
Sonny, Dr. Blackstone's office is wonderful. They cater to the larger population. I saw Dr. Doxey who is also great. Then I saw the nutritionist. Earlier in the day I got to see Dr. Galper for my Psych Eval. All in all it was a pleasant experience. Good Luck and keep us informed.
Most Active