Nuerologist wants me to postpone my surgery

Barbara D.
on 10/14/03 11:10 pm - somewhere over the rainbow, az
Got the bad news yesterday. My MRI/w contrast came out normal (ruled out tumor) so the nuerologist says he is sure I had a mini-stroke. Now he wants to do a lumbar puncture to find out why. He told me not to have the surgery yet. I am/was scheduled for Nov. 6th. This bites. Trying to stay positive but it is not easy.
lemarie22
on 10/15/03 1:43 am - Glendale, AZ
Barbara, I'm so glad that you don't have a tumor, but how frustrating to have surgery postponed. It really is better to make sure that everything is OK before heading into major surgery, but I can see how it would drive you nuts to be so close and have it postponed. Good luck and I'll be praying for you. Connie
Tanya T.
on 10/15/03 4:03 am - mesa, az
Hang in there Barbara, the last thing you want to do at this point is to make things worse. Do what the nuerologhist says. You are still approved. Wait till surgery is safe. I will pray for you. Tanya T
Patti H.
on 10/15/03 4:03 pm - Tucson, AZ
Oh, Barbara! What a frightening thing you're dealing with. Your doctor is right, of course. You don't dare risk a blood clot when there's already a chance that you're at risk. I'm so sorry. I am scheduled for the next day, in fact. I could have had the 6th, but decided to go with the Friday appointment. Please stay in touch and let us know what happens! Patti in Tucson
Most Active