Just starting the Journey...

Shrinking F.
on 10/14/03 8:35 am - Phoenix, AZ
Good afternoon...just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. I'm just starting my journey toward surgery and am very excited about the whole process. (Yes I know it's a long one but better excited than worried ) I'm an almost 40 y/o divorced Mom who's battled weight all my life. The last few years have been heck with health issues due to my weight and I decided that it's time to nip this in the bud. I've been through about every weight loss program and nothing seems to work, I'll lose a little then more comes back. Any help, advice, support that y'all can give will be most appreciated. Y'all are an inspiration. KL
tina0226
on 10/14/03 11:47 am - Greenwood, IN
I wish you the best of luck. If we can be of any help let us know!
(deactivated member)
on 10/14/03 12:59 pm - El Mirage, AZ
Welcome Kristie!! Tell us who you have for insurance, hon?? (if you say Cigna, you will be both CURSED, and blessed, as we have a Yahoo Message board that you'll want to check out, WEALTH of info. there, trust me) Let us know!! ~Michelle
Tamara T.
on 10/15/03 2:32 am - Claypool, AZ
Hi Katie; I guess my advice would all depend on what insurance you have. Call them and make sure you have coverage and ask what the criteria are for this surgery. Then go from there. Just yell if I can help in any way. This group is a god send. They are all wonderful. Tammy
Shrinking F.
on 10/15/03 3:17 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, y'all are fantastic. My insurance is Great West. Talked with them this morning and they do cover (not enough of course) but there are some hoops to jump through. No fear, I'm tenacious and will keep at it. Talked with my Doc today as well and she's all for it if it's what I want. Will do whatever it takes for her to help me in this... she's the best. Looking forward to getting to know y'all... KL
Patti H.
on 10/15/03 4:13 pm - Tucson, AZ
Kristie, hi! Welcome! Have you found all the obesity help online? There are lots of places, and you have a great source via the internet for more information than you can imagine about what you're about to do. Plow through old messages. It'll help you, though it's a bit confusing at first. Read, read, read! It'll help you know what it is you need to know. What an education!!!! Patti in Tucson Surgery date November 7th, 9:30 am
Most Active