Psyche exams for insurance?

Arizona_Sun
on 10/6/03 9:55 am - Gilbert, AZ
Okay, my insurance is asking for more stuff ... don't they all?! I need to schedule a psyche exam and have no idea of where to look for someone who is gastric bypass friendly to do this little hoop jump . My insurance is CCN - Motorola so not what most people have experience with. I will be calling the insurance tomorrow to get a better idea of what I need to do since I prefer to nail this down the first time out of the box instead of having to appeal. Anyone have anyone specifically that they used and liked? That would give me a starting place. Thanks a bunch. Sandra
Tamara T.
on 10/6/03 10:14 am - Claypool, AZ
I guess it really depends on your insurance. I really liked Dr Lisa Galper. She works with the Scottsdale Bariatric institute. She was a lot less expensive than any others too.
(deactivated member)
on 10/6/03 11:19 am - El Mirage, AZ
Well, I'm not sure where Higley is (I'm a WI transplant) But I saw Sharon Ozer, out of Tempe. It'll cost you (if it's anything like Cigna) about $200 bucks out of pocket tho, as they wouldnt pay for mine. (at least not Cigna Behavioral, but I filed a claim anyhow, went to follow up on it, and they NOW say I am to take it up with Cigna Health services) GRR! I guess if I am "out" $200, so be it. Anyhow, Dr. Ozer was very, very nice. I met with her, and then on to the 567 question "test", which I personally thought was kinda cool. Be warned, some Psychologists like to play GOD with their license. and will not see you as they don't feel ETHICALLY that this surgery is a good thing. Good Luck~ ~Michelle
tina0226
on 10/6/03 1:22 pm - Greenwood, IN
I used Dr. Maxwell. She works out of St. Lukes in Phoenix and works with Dr. Zahn, Dr. Juarrez, and Dr. Fang. She charges $200 I think and if the insurance pays you get your money back. I would recommend her!
Arizona_Sun
on 10/6/03 1:31 pm - Gilbert, AZ
This is great! I am getting some good responses and even found someone who emailed me who has the same insurance and has surgery this Friday. Now I have an idea of some doctors to call so that I can get this thing scheduled. Higley is actually incorporated by Gilbert. We have a post office, a school district, but no real town anymore. I am not sure when Higley was a real town. I have been here since 1979 and I don't think it was considered a viable town back then. The USPS will not rename the post office to Gilbert so we are stuck with the Higley name. I live at Power Road and Guadalupe Road (SW) so am out on the fringe, but not for long the way the valley is growing east of us. Sandra
kathy S.
on 10/6/03 4:03 pm - tucson, az
Hi i also have ccn and they paid 100 percent for the psyche exam with no out of pocket expense for me. They also approved me with no problem first time I applied. I cant tell u which doctor to use however becuz I got my psyche exam down here in Tucson where I live at the University Medical Ctr. So good luck
Arizona_Sun
on 10/7/03 2:59 am - Gilbert, AZ
I talked to my insurance person today so feel better about what they were asking for. I guess BTC only submitted a general request for approval so that they could find out exactly what CCN would require. I know I kept thinking that I had provided much of the stuff when I had my first meeting with the seminar. The psych exam does not have to include the MMPI-2 or MCMI-III test so that will most likely be up to the person I can get an appointment with. I have a call in to Sharon Ozer right now to see if I can get something set up. I could not find a listing for another person who was suggested to me (Barbara Lanyon) so can't call her yet. I have an appointment with my internist on Friday and have typed up a list of what I need in a letter from him that deals with the medical clearance and my co-morbidities. I did locate my proof of past diets so have that ready to go and will see if my internist can validate any of it from his records. Hopefully I can get the psych appointment soon so that I can keep this on track for a 2003 completion of surgery. I would very much like to have the cool time of the year for healing so that I can walk outside without passing out from the heat. Thanks so much for all of your help. Sandra
Most Active