Hi, I'm new here

victorious711
on 10/3/03 6:51 am - flagstaff, AZ
Just have been browing about a bit and came across this site. I have contacted a surgeon and have an appt for a consult in December. I am nervous/excited/scared/relieved/impatient.....and just about every other emotion you can think of.
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/03 7:10 am - El Mirage, AZ
Welcome!! Who do you have for insurance? Hopefully NOT Cigna. If so, buckle up, get a 26 week diet under you belt and HOOOOLLLLD on, cuz' it's gonna be a bumpy ride. (read what I replied to about that article in the paper, below on this message board...you'll be up to speed in NO time as to how Cigna does "business". I DO wish you the best of luck tho, truly! ~Michelle
victorious711
on 10/3/03 8:25 am - flagstaff, AZ
Yes, I read that article. I am ever thankful that I have BC/BS. Please don't tell me I need to wait 26 weeks for them. I began looking at this surgery almost 2 years ago, but my husband was so hesitant, that I kind of put it on the back burner *sigh*. But now a friend of his has done it (she had her surgery in April and has lost almost 100lbs.) and he is feeling better about it, now that he actually _knows_ someone who has had it done. I called her and got the name of her surgeon (in Phoenix), as well as the low down on her personal experience, and made an appointment with him yesterday. I am so excited, I just want it done now. Knowing I have to wait is torturous. My hope is that I can be scheduled for the spring. If it's earlier than that...then I'll be happy as a lamb.
Jessmac
on 10/3/03 8:26 am - Phoenix, AZ
Welcome!
Terryann B.
on 10/3/03 9:21 am - Tucson, AZ
Welcome, My sister in law has BS/BC and she had no problems getting approved I an the other hand had to appeal twice but I did win! So no matter what don;t let your insurance company discourage you.
victorious711
on 10/3/03 9:34 am - flagstaff, AZ
Thank you for the welcome, and the encouragement. I just want to do it NOW
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/03 11:05 am - El Mirage, AZ
Well, that is encouraging as I have BCBS as a secondary insurance, thank GOD. I'm going to try this external review" for/with Cigna, but it that doesn't work...I'm off to try with BCBS. I don't know if they require the 26 weeks or not. I personally thought most all of the insurance companies were going in that direction, but don't quote me. Glad to say I have my 26 weeks under my belt, sad to say it had to be under the reigns of Cigna. It was literally a waste of my breath. Good luck to you!!
Most Active