Post op HELP!

tina0226
on 9/15/03 12:29 am - Greenwood, IN
I am getting really frustrated. Since the 8th I have been staying between 1 to 1/2 a pound. I loose it, the next day I gain it. Well today I get on the scale and I have gained a pound. I am so frustrated and I was wondering if this is normal or if I am doing something wrong? The only thing I can think of is I am not getting as much protein and I should but I don't think that would make me gain weight. I also thought maybe it was my monthly but seeing I have been like this since the 8th I am starting to rule that out. HELP please.
Patti H.
on 9/15/03 6:46 am - Tucson, AZ
Tina, I'm not post-op yet, but according to the things I've been told, and have seen in my own diet history, when your body thinks its starving to death, it hangs on to everything for dear life. So... drink your 64 ounces of water every day. Eat your protein and eat it FIRST... do all your pouch rules, and hangin there. The weight WILL come off. Oh, and stay off the damned scale! Patti in Tucson
jennifer A.
on 9/15/03 7:38 am - Glendale, Az
Hi! This is very common and normal.My weight fluctuates drastically.I'm 3 months out and I've begun to see a pattern...I won't lose a pound for about a week and will even go up a pound or two sometimes all in one day then all of a sudden I'll drop 5 pounds within the next a day or two.
Most Active