My Packet, chart and everything else

Rebecca M.
on 9/13/03 1:46 pm
Have disappeared! I saw Randy at Dr. Blackstone's office on June 16th and turned everything in. Sent them a copy of my sleep study and my PCP sent his letter stating it was medically necessary. Saw the dietitian on July 15th and was told that was the last thing I had to do. Then the waiting started. I waited until August 19th and then started calling the Dr's office. I left messages for Becky, I emailed Becky and got no response. I waited until August 28th and did both again. Again I heard nothing. Decided I would call every day until I get some answers. Called Blackstone's office once a day until 9/4/03 when I was finally allowed to talk to her. Becky said she had just seen my file and put me on hold while she got it. Five minutes later she got back on the line to ask me if I had been to the office yet for an appointment. Again I explained the process I had followed up to that point. She asked if I went by Becky or Rebecca and I told her Rebecca. She checked and said she couldn't find my chart but would look and call me back. She did call back but only to tell me she hadn't found it yet, but would keep up the search. Again I waited. Finally I spoke to Melissa, the nurse at the support group and told her my problem. She took my name and number and promised to call the office and tell them to find my chart. Again I waited. I waited all week and then called again on Friday the 12th. Now Becky has been out of the office all week because of a death in her family. I spoke to Danielle on Friday and she told me Dr. Blackstone's office doesn't loose files!!! (Any one else beg to differ?) Unfortunately Friday was Danielle's last day with the doc, but she promised to make sure my chart was found. (Where had I heard that before?) People at support group suggested I email Dr. Blackstone directly so I asked for her direct email address and Danielle told me she wasn't sure she could give it to me, but she would check. Finally she came back and gave me the address. I emaild Dr. Blackstone on Friday and will continue to play the waiting game, before I jump through Cigna's hoops, file numerous appeals and finally degrade myself to the point of begging if I have to, to get this surgery. Thanks for listening. I really needed to vent.
Angels4unme
on 9/13/03 2:13 pm - Roswell, NM
Sorry to hear you having problems. You must beleive everthing happens for a reason. Your chart will be found when the time is right. Have faith and may God Bless your journey.
lemarie22
on 9/13/03 2:55 pm - Glendale, AZ
Rebecca, I had the same issues with Becky and my chart. I don't mean to defend her, but her mother has been terminally ill and I suspect that was the death in the family. There is supposed to be someone else helping Becky now. Have you tried talking to her? I found Sabrina to be very helpful. I believe she's the receptionist, at least she's the one who always answered the phones. When I would get frustrated with not getting called back by Becky, I would explain it to Sabrina and she would hunt Becky down and put her on the phone. I do know that Becky responds to e-mail better than phone messages. I don't know if Dr. Blackstone is aware of what goes on with Becky or not. Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers. Connie
jennifer A.
on 9/14/03 10:45 am - Glendale, Az
I'm sorry for your frustration but I'm sure your file has just been misplaced.....it happens especially since they have had soooo many office changes recently.
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/03 3:44 pm - El Mirage, AZ
OMG, respectfully, a death or NOT, I'd be MIFFED. That's a WEALTH of information gone, hopefully just MIA temporarily. I sure hope they locate that for you!! Yes, they HAVE had a lot of staff changes, but hopefully they have settled in by now. I wish you luck.
Patti H.
on 9/15/03 6:43 am - Tucson, AZ
Oh, dear Rebecca... I'm so sorry for the angst you've had induced by all the chaos. You know, my package got to Dr. Blackstone on the 17th of July. It didn't get out of there to CIGNA until the 29th of August. I was SO disappointed, because I'm trying to get this in before my COBRA expires. Becky, I know for sure, has been suffering through her mother's long, painful illness. Twice when I've been there, she's had to leave to go to the hospital, and I know there is absolutely no way that she is functioning at full capacity. And NONE of that is said to take away from your frustration. I was just as frustrated. Like someone else said earlier, I think you have to just believe everything is happening exactly perfectly... else we just go nuts. with care and concern, Patti in Tucson
Tamara T.
on 9/15/03 7:10 am - Claypool, AZ
I am so sorry you are going thru all of this, especially since I just went and had my appointment on the 8th and they have my whole life in their file. Let's keep praying that all goes well for you.
Most Active