Questions

Joy P.
on 9/5/03 5:33 pm - Scottsdale, az
Hi my name is Joy and i'm 39 and hopefully haveing gastric bypass surgery in December sometime I'm from arizona what do I need to do before surgery to prepare for it and after surgery? is milk totally a no no forever and pasta also? also can you tell me of anyone who would like to chat with me about the surgery or chat rooms available to discuss it? all inforamation would be appreciated thanks...Joy
Ashlie H.
on 9/7/03 2:22 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Joy! I don't know exactly what you mean by preparation for the surgery. Of course I would recommend you follow your doctor's advice to the T. My mother had RNY over a year ago and she can drink milk, although it doesn't always agree with her. She eats pasta all the time and loves it. Good luck to you!
April A.
on 9/7/03 2:51 pm - Surprise, Az
Hello Joy! Dr Simspon did my DS almost 1 year ago... I am 20 lbs from goal and I do eat pasta, and enjoy it! Although I eat much smaller amounts now. I also drink milk, limited amounts though as I developmed a problem with intolerance. I can't stand the soy or rice milks though, so I make sure to take my calcium and drink regular milk when I want some.
Most Active