8 wks post op -

Alexis H.
on 9/5/03 2:18 pm - Peoria, AZ
I am 8 weeks post op and have only lost 24 pounds - surgeon is Juarez. Was told today to eat whatever I want, just not dense meats like steaks, chops etc.. and small amounts of citrus - tried 2 teeny bites of a hamburger and have the "obstruction" feel - but am sure it will pass overnite. What types of foods are others eating at this stage. Dr. told me to ignore nutritionist who insisted Iam not losing because I was only eating 650 - 750 calories and I have gotten close to 1100 - but it is sheer torture. What have other lost? Also, is there westside support group and how does one contact them? Up to this point, I have only been eating pureed foods - Help!
tina0226
on 9/6/03 3:26 am - Greenwood, IN
I was told by my doctor that you must do your best to eat the right amount of calories or it would slow down weight loss. The reason being is your body thinks you are starving it and will not let go of the fat cells. I would follow exactly what the nutritionist said to eat. I am almost 3 weeks post and have lost 18.5 pounds. Good luck!
Heather S.
on 9/6/03 5:06 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hello Alexis, 24 pounds is a great loss, I hope you are proud of what you have accomplished. I ate a lot of soft foods, cottage cheese, cheese, soup (basically broth and a few veggies) I didn't eat meat till I was 4 weeks out, it didn't sit conformably. Did you eat just the hamburger or did you have some bun too? The bun can take up room and feels uncomfortable in your new pouch. Feel free to check out my profile or write if you have any questions. I too had surgery with Dr. Juarez on 3/12/03 and it's been the best decision I've ever made! Best Wishes, Heather 280/178/150
April A.
on 9/7/03 3:03 pm - Surprise, Az
The Westside group meets on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month. WestSide_AZWLS support meeting Monday September 8, 2003 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm Event Location: Valley West YWCA Street: 8561 N. 61st Ave. (between Olive and Northern Ave.) City, State, Zip: Glendale, Az. This is a support group meeting for WLS patients in the West Valley. All pre-ops and post-ops are welcome. All WLS Doctors are supported here. Dinner usually follows after meeting.
Most Active