Cigna denied my application for surgery

Patti H.
on 9/5/03 1:22 pm - Tucson, AZ
I already posted this to the CignaSqueakyWheels group, but I thought I'd let you know, too. I called Cigna today. Got to speak to a wonderful woman on the phone who spent a lot of her time on the phone with Health Services who finally found my file (which wasn't in the system) and said I had been denied. Apparently, their reasoning is that my weight loss attempts are not considered sufficient for their requirements. Now get this: In 1992, I have a 9 month, monthly weigh in with a doctor and his nutritionist in Los Angeles I***** I have an 18 month, monthly weigh in with a nutritionist in Los Angeles. In 1997, I have a 17 month, weekly weigh in with a nutritionist in Los Angeles. In very late 2002- and early 2003, I have a 37 week, weekly weigh in at Weigh****chers. In 2003, I have, so far, a 7 month, monthly weigh in with my primary care physician. ALL of that was documented COMPLETELY. These guys apparently just deny these applications without looking! I will, I am told, get my denial letter tomorrow or Monday. In the meantime, I will draft a letter for my PCPs signature restating the above. Then I'm going to send that to them with a letter threatening to sue them if they don't stop screwin' around! Whaddaya think? Patti in Tucson
(deactivated member)
on 9/6/03 4:22 am - El Mirage, AZ
LIke I said @ Squeakywheels, YOU WERE ROBBED. I would call back, ask for a SUPERVISOR ask what the hell it is that they are looking for?? A first borne?? Trip to the BAHAMAS??? I mean GEESH!!!???
Most Active