Surgery 9/2/03 Feeling a little paniced

Jennie A.
on 8/31/03 3:33 am - Tempe, AZ
I kind of feel like a little kid in the car taking a long road trip....I just want to keep saying "Are we there yet?" My support system has dwindled and I am really feeling alone at the moment which is sooooooo un-me. I know it will all be fine, I just needed to vent a little : ) Okay, I do feel a little bit better! Thanks for listening, like you really have a choice LOL
cindy
on 8/31/03 7:36 am - Mesa, az
You are going to do just fine. I am three weeks post-op and having this surgery is hard, alot of work after surgery, but the best thing I could have done. Three weeks, down 30 lbs and 19 inches. Just remember to eat your ice chips and sip as much water as you can, and get up and walk as soon as you can, it hurts like Hell, but you do have drugs, and the more you walk the easier it gets. I will say a little prayer for you, although you do not need it, have faith in your surgeon's skills and God will be holding your hand.
Patti H.
on 8/31/03 12:02 pm - Tucson, AZ
Well, Jennie, WHEN I get to where you are, I'm going to feel a little panicked too. I do weird things (to some) to prepare myself for this thing a comin'. I have been introducing the idea to my body... to my stomach... about what is going to happen and how it is going to change. When I first started doing it, I felt a lot of panic. Much less now, but the very idea of having surgery is truly scary to me. We're going to be with you in spirit. Count on it! Patti in Tucson
Tanya T.
on 9/1/03 4:45 am - mesa, az
Jennie, you are going to be fine. Dr. Blackstone is the best and you are in safe hands. When you get paniced put a picture in your mind of what you will look like Post-op at goal weight! That should make you smile. Just think most if not all of your co-mobid conditions will be gone post-op! Good luck tomorrow and let us know how you are doing.
Most Active