costs

CLAUDIA D.
on 8/24/03 3:23 pm - TUCSON, AZ
well blue cross blue shield(under my husbands coverage) has approved my surgery but the wish center (DR AMY KOLER) requires $2,000 down before they will set date -- so i am trying to find a dr that can help me - as all i can come up with is $500- my medicines monthly run $80.00 to $90.00 even with co pays and right now i am only working part time (because of my weight)- can any one give some sugestions?
Donya P.
on 8/24/03 4:00 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Claudia, I preface this statement with a reminder that this is "my opinion". Based on discussions I have had with other people and things I have read, the Wish Center seems to be profit-driven. In addition, many insurance companies do not list them as an in-plan offer. I am sure their Drs. are great but I disapprove of their marketing. If money were no object, I would say pay the $2000 and move forward. Anything else will require you to start over. That said, if you do go that route, you will probably only pay a small amount. I went through St. Luke's and they still haven't asked for any money and I'm almost 4 weeks post-op. I paid my hospital co-pay when I checked in but that's it. I received my final statement ($28,823) and they still have not asked for the 10% my plan says I need to pay. You may find that one or all of their doctors are on your plan as an in-plan option. They have Dr. Zahn, Juarez, and Fang. I had Dr. Juarez. Good luck.
Tanya T.
on 8/25/03 6:53 am - mesa, az
Here is my two cents....lost of doctors do this they just do not tell you till you are approved and then they drop the bomb. If you do not have the money and do not wish to start the process over you could always take out a small loan. If I were to go the loan route I would make sure I knew what all of your expenses would be and get enough to cover all. The $2000 and copay for hospital and the 10% for all docs, hospital, and anasteseologist (sp?). There are companies that speicialize with this type of loans and the % is fairly descent. Good Luck.
Terryann B.
on 8/25/03 9:03 am - Tucson, AZ
I have Dr Koler also, and the cost does seem high but they do have a special in pricing going on call Sasha at the Wish Center, they also have some one to help you with the financing. you could try and find another Doctor but they will have a co-pay also at least with the wish center i know the price up front. good luck!
Most Active