Feeling basically AWFUL

Patty P.
on 8/20/03 12:17 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
This is Shell, Patty's husband, with an update, and some questions; it was one month ago today that Patty had her WLS. In the interim, she has not had much of an appetite, and when she does eat, or drink, she is nauseous. Even drinking water makes her feel sick, and she is very weak, and tired, and she has very little energy. Last week, Patty had an Upper GI test, as well as an Endoscopy procedure, and a visit to our Internist, so it was a busy week (Patty is also working half-days at her job) - She has seen the surgeon (Dr Daniel Fang) twice, as well as our family doctor, and both figure that Patty should be feeling better four to five weeks (after the surgery); like I mentioned at the start, it's four weeks today, and she is really not feeling well, although she has lost 35 pounds. Does anyone have any advice for Patty ? Should she just weather the storm (so to speak) ? I'm worried about her, so any advice will help. Thanks, Shell (Patty's husband) P.S. we'll be at the WLS Support Group on September 2nd.
jennifer A.
on 8/20/03 1:36 pm - Glendale, Az
I'm so sorry that patty is feeling so awful! It sounds like they are trying to rule out the major complications like strictures,blockages and leaks which is good....I know that if your blood workup is off, that can make you feel weak and tired as does dehydration but I am assuming that they have checked that already. Unfortunately some people do suffer from nausea with no apparent cause after surgery. Has she been prescribed an anti nausea med at least? Staying hydrated right now is the most important thing....For about a week after surgery when water made me feel nauseous, a big help was sipping warm peppermint tea. I have seen where other people have severe nausea after surgery for weeks and then it just resolves all of a sudden...I hope that is the case here.
Most Active