Sooooo Frustrated

lemarie22
on 8/15/03 10:29 am - Glendale, AZ
My consult with Dr. Blackstone's office was on the 21st of July and I had all of my paperwork into them by the 28th. Since then, I haven't heard too much except that my file has been sitting on Dr. Blackstone's office waiting for a decision about my kidney condition. I've provided recent blood and urine test results that show that my kidney function is normal and even provided a website that explains my asymptomatic condition. I called Becky last week and she said that Dr. Blackstone would be back the 11th and get to my file. On Tuesday I called and Becky said that the doctor would be in surgery Tuesday and Wednesday, but would get to it on Thursday. I called today and Becky said she would check and call me back. Of course she didn't call back. I just checked my messages at home and there is a message from Randy the nurse at about 3:00 telling me to call back today. Of course it's after 5:00 and I have to wait until Monday. Arrrggghhh! I figure that if he is calling me instead of Becky, it probably means that she doesn't want to do the surgery on me or that I have to have more tests or see a nephrologist. I can't even get to the part of this process where I have to jump through the Cigna hoops. I'm just frustrated at the cir****tances and venting. Waiting until Monday will not kill me... I guess.
Donna M.
on 8/15/03 2:22 pm - Avondale, AZ
I can feel your pain Connie...getting Becky to return a call or email is like pulling teeth...in my humble opinion she makes the process much worse...by her lack of professionalism....like we don't already have enough stress going on...a little TLC on her part would go a long way...
(deactivated member)
on 8/16/03 4:55 am - El Mirage, AZ
UGH, I'm glad I don't have to deal with EITHER of them for awhile. After I had my consult, I knew it would take at least 3-4 weeks for them to get my file together to send to Cigna. BUT, after that time had passed, I called probably 4-5 times, left message upon message, e-mailed Cindy equally as many times just to see if my packet ACTUALLY made it out and on it's way to Cigna. That way I knew when to call & start bugging THEM. Needless to say, it took my drving there from work one day, un-announced, un-expected, to get an ANSWER. And trust me, I Let them KNOW that. I was NOT a happy camper. Change of office staff or NOT, I paid my office visit fee!! (She acted annoyed that I just "showed up" and I told her, "well, if you would have been courteous enough to RETURN CALLS, I wouldn't have had to go30-40 miles out of my way to see if YOU are doing YOUR job" As for Cigna....until I finish my diet, (Sept 26th) the silence is GOLDEN, actually!! HANG IN THERE HON!!!
baybekmbrly
on 8/18/03 12:55 am - SomeWhere, NY
I don't have the same Dr. as you but I just wanted to say that I think it is ridiculous how these Dr.'s and their staff treat us. Even at my Dr's office they have not called me back at times and 2 days before my appointment they called to tell me that they never recieved my records.. Ugggggghhhhh! Luckly I was able to get my records faxed to them the next day, but it was awful, and very stressful. I wish you the best and hang in there, believe me you are not alone! Take Care
Most Active