Certified Letter from Cigna

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/03 9:38 am - El Mirage, AZ
08-06-03 Had my hubby get my certified letter from Cigna @ the post office yesterday. It states: According to available medical documentation, you will complete a professionally supervised weight loss program in October of 2003. However, the Committee recommends that upon completion of your current professional weight loss program, and barring any changes in your medical condition, this procedure can be re-evaluated for possible pre-certification @ that time. As I said, as long as after my diet quaranteen ends, they approve me, I'll be fine!
Patti H.
on 8/6/03 2:59 pm - Tucson, AZ
That's pretty encouraging, hon! I'm glad for you! A certified letter from CIGNA would probably give me an additional medical condition to consider! with love, Patti in Tucson
Donna M.
on 8/7/03 11:22 am - Avondale, AZ
Michelle.... where did you send your appeal, I have an address that was on the letter...in California and the appeal packet I got from the patient rep has a Phoenix address...I don't know which one to send my appeal to....
Donya P.
on 8/18/03 3:49 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Finally some encouraging news. I've been following your frustration and it just kills me that someone who seriously needs this surgery to live has to fight so hard. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Most Active