Anyone interested in WLS AZ Meet Up!?!

ginau
on 9/5/12 7:58 pm - mesa, AZ
 How about a  tue , wed ot thurs  around 6:00pm
  call and see hwt the hopital has available ?

we can do a  quick bite afterwards if anyone is intrested ......

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

MizzEvil
on 9/4/12 9:57 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Sorry everyone! Wasn't getting any hits here, so completely forgot to come back and check.

Since my last post, I have been going to the support group on the West Side - 94th ave 'n Tbird as Stephanie mentioned. Awesome group of people. Meet up every 2nd Friday of the month. We've also went for some frozen yogurt and did a pool party as well. Good stuff, and much much more to come!

LessieBelle - Friends and support only. No medical/professional advice needed.

skinnime12
on 10/5/12 12:46 pm
I am going to try to make it to the Chandler meet up on Tuesday. Hope I'm not the only one there!!

Jodysdreams
on 11/23/12 2:44 am
Hi! I am scheduled for VSG dec 10th and am very nervous but ready to go for it! I think starting a group is a great idea! where do you live? I am in the east valley, gilbert.

Jody

Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 11/23/12 6:56 pm - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12

Congratulations on your surgery date.  I had my VSG on April 25th.  I am so happy I did.  I'm in Gilbert too.  If you ever want to chat just let me know.

5'2   HW-324 • SW-277 • GW-165Surgery Date 4/25/12

Jodysdreams
on 11/24/12 12:55 am
I just looked at your weightloss!! Holy Cow!!! You have lost a whole person!!!!! You must feel incredible!!!! Congratulations!!!
I am having it for diabetes..I am overweight, about 60 lbs..so I'm scared to death!! I am afraid of gettng too skinny..are you feeling like you won't quit losing?
I never thought I would be worried about getting too skinny!!!hahaha!
We both will be about the same size at our goal weights..I am 5'4
And my goal is about 140...
Talk soon,
Jdy
Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 11/24/12 9:30 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12

Yeah it's been quite the transformation.  What is really great is that I feel so much better.  That is really what the magic is.  I'm not really worried about getting too skinny though, as I get further out my weight loss has slowed.  I'm still losing just not as quickly.  Also as you get further out you increase your food intake and can slowly add more food into your meal plan.  I have really just tweaked my eating habits and have greatly decreased my portion sizes.  I don't feel like I'm on a diet, so it's been pretty easy for me for the most part.  Plus Banner Gateway Bariatric's staff are so helpful and full of information.

I'm 5'2 and my initial goal is 165.  It's still overweight but I know that it's a comfortable weight for me.  If I lose more that's cool too but I'm fine either way. =)

Jodysdreams
on 11/24/12 9:36 am
Hi.
I just so happen to be looking at my emails and saw your reply..I am getting my surgery at Banner too. Dr Podkemini is my surgeon. Who was yours? I was also wondering if you go to any of the support groups?

Jody

Jessi * There and
Never Back Again *

on 11/27/12 8:51 pm - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 04/25/12

My surgeon was Dr. Schuster.  The hospital and staff are wonderful.  I had surgery a few years ago at Chandler Regional and Gateway blows it out of the water.  So much nicer and more comfortable.

I haven't been to any meetings yet, simply because we only have 1 vehicle and it just hasn't worked out.

Jodysdreams
on 11/24/12 12:47 am
Oh my Gosh! I'm at williamsfield and valvista..I am thinking about starting a monthly meeting in Gilbert for anyone who has had bariatric surgery. I know I will need it and I'm sure having other peeps to share with will help allot!!!
Let me know if you want to get together and figure something out..I think it would be fun!
Thx
jody
Most Active