newbie-please reply

njsmm0812
on 6/6/12 3:43 pm - Tucson, AZ
RNY on 07/16/12
 New to this site and hoping to have gastric bypass surgery in a month.  I would love to chat with some people that are local.  
a_new_mii
on 6/9/12 6:32 am - AZ
 Hello!  :)  I just happened to take a quick peek here.  Not much action on this board.  
I had DS surgery in April of 2011 at the Bridges Center.  I started and a HW of 445, and am lass then 10 lbs away from my first goal (175).  I won't be able to help you much with the bypass but feel free to ask of me what you will. 
Good luck with the beginning of your new life.  My Life has begun again.  :)
~~Ginger~~

Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175            

ElleMarie
on 6/9/12 9:12 am
 I had the Gastric Sleeve done one year ago and my hubby had a gastric bypass done in 2003.  We are both doing well.  Congrats on your decision to get this done.  I have no regrets...well only one...not doing it sooner! : )
 laurieunapologetically.blogspot.com/
Gastric Sleeve 6/10/2011
Starting weight 291
Dr Ortiz, Tijauna Mexico
iapples
on 6/12/12 12:29 am - AZ
RNY on 02/28/12
I had the Gastric Bypass 2/28 with no complications or regrets.  Cigna required a 6 month medically supervised diet and then denied me until it got to a new year with a new maximum out of pocket.  Between the 6 month diet (which became 9 months) and the bypass surgery I am down 147 lbs.  I took prescriptions for diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, and gout.  8 pills per day and now I take none.  If you haven't chosen a doctor I would highly recommend Dr. Blackstone and her team at Scottsdale Healthcare.  Total patient care, besides just medical they have nutritionists, excercise therapists, and psychologists on staff.  They have a formal support group schedule. They are also very helpful with insurance.  I know you're in Tucson but worth the trip.  Send me a note if you want to talk more.  [email protected]
Good luck,
Ira Applebaum

njsmm0812
on 6/12/12 12:44 am - Tucson, AZ
RNY on 07/16/12
 Wow Ira- That is great! I am happy for you!  I am at a point where we are waiting for insurance to make a decision and my doctors office thinks there should be no issues. So I am sitting here on pins and needles waiting for approval.  If everything works out I will have surgery by end of July first of Aug.  I'd love to hear more and or see some pics.  They are encouraging for me.  
I do have a great doc here in town so thanks for the referral.  I actually had the same doc who did ny appendix.  I am happy that you are off all those pills. I take like 13 a day... ugh  I can't wait to get rid of some or all of them.

Hope to hear from you!

Alyssa
iapples
on 6/26/12 2:15 am - AZ
RNY on 02/28/12

Alyssa,
I hope things are moving along and your insurance company has approved.  Cigna had to pay $11K for my surgery.  Certainly I was headed for a stroke, heart attack, or many other things that would have cost them much more over time.  I really don't undertsand their thinking.
You asked andI posted some pictures so you can see my progress.  I have my 4 month apppointment tomorrow.  I will meet with the medical, nutrition, and exercise staff.
Hang in there.  I know we read many horror stories on this site but I have had no issues.  I follow the rules and attend the monthly support groups.
Stay well,
Ira

njsmm0812
on 6/26/12 1:53 pm - Tucson, AZ
RNY on 07/16/12
 Ira. Thanks for the pics. I have been approved for surgery July 26th. I start the process July 2. With my two week diet before, tests,  dr apt.  I don't know if this is good or  bad but I am distracted because there was a fire in my apartment last night n I have to move by fri into a new one. I want to get settled again before surgery. Since i lost all my fridge n freezer food i get to start over with healthy foods  Thanks for the kind words. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/12 9:29 am
Hi there,
  Congrats on getting a date, that's awesome!  I remember how excited I was when I got my surgery date.. it couldn't come fast enough!  I had RNY Gastric bypass in Jan of 2009.. best thing I have ever done.  I went from 365 to 303 on day of surgery, but I never made it to goal weight.  I am trying to deal with that, and am actually looking into possible Stomaphyx or something to reduce pouch or stoma size.  I think something is going on because sometimes i feel like i can eat way more than I should.  That being said, I would do this all over again in a heartbeat.  I have gone from a size 32W and barely being able to walk, to a 16W and able to outwalk my kids.  I wish you all the best :-)
Most Active