I gotta figure this out

skinnymeforever
on 3/11/11 10:41 am - AZ
I'm 3 days out from surgery and on this stupid clear liquid diet.  I'm so miserable that I'm having a lot of regrets.  I know that after this week, I will be able to eat something but this week is killing me. My husband and family have gone to a party to celebrate a birthday with food, etc.  I couldn't go. The idea of watching them eat that delicious food was enough. I couldn't go and watch it.  Additionally, I'm having difficulty getting my liquids all in. This sleeve won't hold but 2 ozs. How am I suppose to keep from dehydrating when I can't get enough liquids in?  I think I am getting dehydrated. I have a headache, strong heartbeat and i'm exhausted. I know this may not be the place to post this, but I"m just at  a lose as to what to do now. I can't take it back.
ginau
on 3/11/11 11:02 am - mesa, AZ

Just hang in there       Your stronger than you realize - keep a water bottle in your hand at all times and sip , sip, sip   every few seconds - dont give up. - Yes it's frustrating - but you are  training yourself right now!

your body is healing- your going to go thru ups and downs .  switch over to a diluted gatorade if you need to.  and if it gets real bad - get your butt to the hospital for some I.V. fluids - Rome was not built in a day ..

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

skinnymeforever
on 3/11/11 11:17 am - AZ
I know. You are right. I sound like such a whimp. I have my water bottle in my hand all the time. I do sip, sip, sip. My stomach gurgles and fliips painfully when I sip too much but when I don't, I'm not getting enough fluid. I will get through this. I find myself just going to bed because if I sleep, then the time will pass by faster but if I'm asleep, I can't sip, sip, sip! LOL. Tomorrow is a new day and one day closer to being able to eat some food. I will take it one day at a time.  Thanks for answering my crazy rant.
StillHopefulinAZ
on 3/11/11 11:28 am
are you drinking cold water or room temp water?  I ask because after surgery warm liquids went down much better.  have you tried warm broth?
Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

skinnymeforever
on 3/11/11 11:45 am - AZ
Yes - I am drinking broth a few times a day. The bottle I keep with me always is room temp water. I swear I sip it all the time but by the end of the day, I'm lucky to have gotten 20 ozs down all day.  I guess if you add in the broth and protein drinks, I'm probaby getting 30 oz in one day and I know that isn't enough.  I am not dehydrated though. I just went through all the checks. I do have tears, urine is pale yellow. I just need to try harder tomorrow, I guess.
ginau
on 3/11/11 12:12 pm - mesa, AZ

No matter what  Cassie, melissa or Dr Blackstone says - it very hard when you first out to get all the water in. the best thing is that your trying....   Randy her old P.A. use tell me all the time - glue the bottle to your hand.

One rule I did use all the time ... if you puke - you stick to warm liquids for the next 24 hours  - this gives your tummy a rest.

funny  story -- I took too big a sip and  ended up spewing it out all over like a  fish fountain - lmao !

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

dbuckeye
on 3/11/11 1:31 pm - Sun City, AZ
Try adding some lemon or lime to your water.  It usually feels better on your stomach.  From my experences it is not uncommon to have regrets the first week.  I promise it will get better and you will be so glad you did this.

Sip and Walk

Debbie

CERTIFIED SUPPORT GROUP LEADER
                         SUN CITY

[email protected]

skinnymeforever
on 3/12/11 3:08 am - AZ

Promise....really? My kids just made pizza's in my kitchen and I'm in my bedroom with the smell wafting in. I WANT FOOD! I feel like an alcoholic going through the DTs.

ginau
on 3/12/11 6:24 am - mesa, AZ

Dont mourn food- you will eat the stuff again, but you have to get healed up first and relearn how to eat. believe us - too much , too fast , too soon  is not what you want to do.

have you gone on the sleve support  forum - they can give you lots of help and pointers

GinaU aka Jeanna 

-

skinnymeforever
on 3/12/11 6:41 am - AZ

Yes - I must get my witts about me.  I really think it would be easier to handle if I didn't have my daughter and her family living here with me. My husband is more conscous of what I'm going through. He is willing to eat a meal out away from me so I do not smell it or see it. After all it's only a week. But, my daughter, son-in-law, and 3 grandchildren are here and cooking constantly.  It's so much harder when you have to see and smell the food. I HAVE to remember that it is only one week. I shoudl be able to do this. On Tuesday, we will all meet at the hospital to have our first meal together. I'm not expecting anything special, just an egg or some beans, but man that sounds good right now.  I will take your advice and check out the sleeve support forum. Thank you very much and please, please, forgive me upset.

Most Active