Support System

Donna226
on 2/21/11 5:32 pm

I have had the lap band since Sept 2009 and have lost and maintained over thirty pounds. But I'm
not done. I still want to lose 20 to 25 pounds. I have several health issues which enable me to make
excuses and not do what I need and want to do. I need a support system. Exercise buddy, accountability partner, support group, activities to keep me going. I live in mesa but I'm not afraid to drive. Is anyone else (female) out there with my same situation? Anyone who is looking for support from others?

Mymamona1
on 2/23/11 4:31 am - AZ
VSG on 12/07/10 with

There are support groups in the East Valley at the Banner Gateway Hospital. They have a variety of support groups for you to attend. If you look up Banner Gateway Bariatric Center http://www.bannerhealth.com/Locations/Arizona/Banner+Gateway +Medical+Center/Programs+and+Services/Banner+Gateway_Bariatr ic_Center/Patient+Support/_Support+Groups.htm and you can see what they have to offer. Its all free and you don't have to be a patient to attend. Its a great group of people.

Hope to see you there.

Ramona

Donna226
on 2/26/11 5:04 pm
Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure I can make that schedule but I'm going to try.

thanks again,
donna

motorhomemama
on 2/27/11 2:09 pm - Okotoks, Canada
I have aband too and have been going to the Banner Gateway support groups,  They are awesome.  I live in canada in the summer but sure would be willing to be an e-mail pal if you want one, I can always use the extra support too as I am stuggling to get more weight off  also.
Eydie
342/298/280175  highest / surgery  wtNov 19/08/ current/ goal
Donna226
on 3/3/11 4:18 pm
I really appreciate your reply. I had some serious issues and had to go get an unfill last week so I have not been online. I've heard about the Banner Meetings but the time is bad for me. There is one in Sun City the 2nd Saturday of March that I might try. I'm kinda starting all over now. Have been on liquids for a week, now moving to mushies.

motorhomemama
on 3/4/11 12:08 am - Okotoks, Canada

Hi again.  I have been having some problems too, lots of heartburn and pain on swallowing .  Am going to see Dr. Podkameni at BAnner Gateway today for a floroscopy exam to see if there is a problem with the band.  I am also back to fluids etc.  Looks like we are about in the same place.  Let's keep in touch.  You live in Mesa don't you?  I would be willing to go to the SunCity group with you if you waqnt some company.

Eydie

Donna226
on 3/7/11 11:57 am
Hi Eydie!

I'm not going to be able to make it to the Sun City group sat but I just found a new group about exercise meeting next monday night at 7pm Starbucks on Gilbert and Germann. Not a WLS group but is an exercise group. I'm going to check it out, thought you might be interested as well. You can check it out at meetup.com    East Valley Exercise Group 03/14

motorhomemama
on 3/7/11 9:15 pm - Okotoks, Canada
Thanks , I will take a look at that.

I will be leaving for Canada on April4 and not bac****il Oct ober but we can keep in touch through this site and e-mail if you like.
Glad you found an exercise group it really helps.
Saw the doctor last week and he took a bit out of my band ...it really has made me feel better, no more heartburn!!

Eydie
WASaBubbleButt
on 3/7/11 10:20 am - Mexico
    I do know of someone but I don't think you'll want to drive that far, she's on 7th/Camelback.  She too, is banded and looking for a support person.   Have you tried:

www.meetup.com

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Donna226
on 3/7/11 11:45 am
No I haven't tried it. I'll check it out.
Does your friend belong to a gym or what is she looking for support? I'm familiar with that area
it's not that far from me.

Most Active