Sooo mad and surgeon hunting!

christiemon
on 2/16/11 4:17 am - Buckeye, AZ
I'm not going to badmouth the office that I've been working w/ by using their name, but essenialtly after having been through all the testing and insurance requirements w/ them and my PCP, just waiting on insurance approval (my insurance does cover bariatrics) and a surgery date I will be looking for a new surgeon.  I've just waited in my doctors office for almost two hours, had multiple staffers confused by why I was there, etc, trying to walk out multiple times before I finally did, etc....

I am planning on having the sleeve.  Can you tell me who you love in Phoenix area and your expereince.  Out of pocket costs are helpful. = )  I have Cigna.

Thank you - trying to cool off.

Christie
enlarged_marge
on 2/16/11 7:12 am - AZ
I'm not impressed with my RNY surgeon or his office, so I won't mention his name But I wonder if you have been to azwls.com? VSG is listed on their site but I have not had any personal experience with their clinic. So sorry to hear about your problems, sounds so frustrating.
ginau
on 2/16/11 10:43 am - mesa, AZ
Do yourself a  favor and call around,  most offices will be able to tell you if they take your ins and the price for both cash pay and insurance billed.

besides everyone likes their Dr best .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Jodi H.
on 3/30/11 2:42 pm - Apache Junction, AZ

I have BCBS & I too am going to Dr. Blackstone.  The only "issue" I've had so far is with the surgery scheduler/prior auth person returning my calls & messages.  Finally today she got back to me & had somewhat of an attitude & said that she is very busy & the only person doing this specific thing.  I apologized & I wasn't even sure if she was getting my messages because she hadn't contacted me.  She seemed better after that.  I do really like the rest of her staff though.  They are all very nice!  I am scheduled for 5/31.  My out of pocket is going to be about $1300 so far.  Good luck.

Jodi ** HW: 240 / CW: 221 / GW: 135
skinnymeforever
on 3/1/11 9:50 pm - AZ
Well - I haven't had my surgery yet. It's scheduled for March 8th. However,everything I've been through so far with Dr. Blackstone and Scottsdale Shea Hospital has been great.  The office staff is friendly and helpful. Tons of support and support groups, tons of information seminars. My pre-op class was informative and amazing.  There is an entire bariatric hospital that knows what they are doing and they givey you a choice of two items from their SPA for the day after surgery. I'm getting a facial and a massage.  I can tell you more after I have the surgery but I'm impressed thus far. 

I know it is far from you but it is from me too. I'm in Litchfield Park.  After I checked all of the Phoenix surgeons out, I realized that "close" wasn't reallly an important thing on the list.

Good luck to you.  Let us know what you decide.
Most Active