It's February...

Superspouse
on 2/1/11 12:53 pm - AZ
 I can't believe February is already here. Surgery is just under 2weeks away. I would ask all of you to start moving your skinny butts on over to make room for me on the loser's bench but since you all have more energy these days, I will let you wait until the day of my surgery to scoot on over.

I am excited and not really fearful, just ready to start this new adventure. Do any of you have any "last min" advice for me? I know to wear loose fitting clothes, slip on shoes, bring chopstick, my cell, but is there anything else besides my toothbrush, and hairbrush that I should bring that you found helpful to have?

I have to admit I am looking forward to that spa treatment you get at the hospital the day after surgery.

kellykelly
on 2/1/11 11:48 pm

Honestly I didn't use much of anything in the hospital except chapstick.  I would however recommend that for the ride home you bring a pillow to hold over your stomach.  That really did help with the bumps in the road!

The spa treatment was absolutely wonderful!  I had the facial and foot massage and was so relaxed afterwards.  I didn't want them to stop!

Good luck with your surgery you couldn't be in better hands.

beckipoohbear
on 2/2/11 5:05 am - AZ
I brought a robe to wear over my gown for the walks around the floor, didn't want to worry about anything hanging out or wear another gown backwards.  Plus then I also felt comfy and cozy.  I agree on the pillow for the stomach on the way home.

And yes...the spa treatments are amazing!! If I remember correctly I had the facial and the pedicure!

Good luck, it's a great facility and a great doc, you are in good hands!
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

Superspouse
on 2/2/11 1:58 pm - AZ
Pillow and robe. Check. Thx ladies!
Christina D.
on 2/7/11 3:34 am - Flagstaff, AZ
Spa treatment?  What hospital are you guys talking about?? 

ginau
on 2/13/11 12:29 pm - mesa, AZ
Scottsdale Shea

all of Dr Blackstones pts  receive a spa treatment.  It was awesome too..  the only thing better was the first shower after surgery..

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Superspouse
on 2/7/11 4:11 am - AZ
Scottsdale Shea. I was a bit surprised with the spa treatment.
beckipoohbear
on 2/8/11 4:32 am - AZ
Yup...the bariatric practice includes two spa treatments while in the hospital following your surgery.  It seemed very chi chi Scottsdale but it was truly lovely and appreciated. 

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

mikiec
on 2/18/11 6:07 am - Peoria, AZ
I had the facial and foot massage.  My wife was jealous.

Most Active