Inspiration

Pippigirl
on 1/26/11 6:28 am
Hi everybody,
I posted this message to someone who had a question about Dr. Blackstone's food plan.  I decided to put it up here, as a new topic, because I know how important inspiration is when going through this process.

I haven't been on this site in years-until today.  I smiled when you talked about getting sick of chicken, eggs and yogurt.  I remember being at that stage and I wanted to tell you that you have no idea how your mindset and outlook will change.  I had surgery in 2003 with Dr. Blackstone.  Some of the major changes in my life? 
Here are a few:
- I no longer live to eat.  I eat to live, simply to sustain myself.  I'm not a slave to food.
- I no longer feel guilty about what I eat, feel like I have to "diet" or feel like I have to be restricted 
   as far as food goes.
- Over the past few years I've been able to experience what it feels like to be "normal."  I suppose
   I've gone beyond "normal," because I have people call me words like "tiny," "skinny," and other
   variations.  I feel even better than normal.  I feel beautiful-after spending all of my adult life, until
   age 33, as a morbidly obese woman.
- I lost 150 pounds.  I'm 5'6" and weigh 140 lbs.  I wear a size 8, which is still difficult for me to
   believe some times.  There are times when I pick something my size up, hold it up and say,
   "There's no way this will fit me."  The surprise and pride is always there when I go to the fitting
   room and the pants fit me perfectly. 
- I'm able to love more completely, because I'm able to believe I can be loved and have people
   attracted to me.

I didn't want to get too long-winded, but those are some things I wanted to share with you.  One side note-when I was 1 year post-RNY, and not finished losing weight, I got pregnant with triplets.  Yes, I have triplets.  The pregnancy was great, my babies were all healthy and now they're 5 years old and all on the honor roll in kindergarten.  :)  Keep the faith, don't worry about food.  I have never had any plastic surgery or skin removal, and that's something I'd like to do.  I'm fortunate that, in my clothes, the fact that I have excess skin doesn't show.  A swimsuit or naked?  Completely different story!  I try not to let the skin bother me too much, but I think it will always be a concern for me...until I, eventually, have it removed.
Best of luck to you!
Lanelle
RNY July 2003
Pre-op:  290
Current:  5'6", 140 lbs, size 8.
Most Active