Severe Hypoglycemia

HispitAnn
on 12/3/10 1:48 pm - Phx, AZ

I'm having a very difficult time of it.  (History: RNY 2/2005... revision in 2008...almost died from malnutrition...so, reversal of that revision in 2009).  Had a tough time.  Still very sick from what my doc believes is still a bad malabsorption, despite vits, foods..... Got down to 120 from the #1 revision, and I was skin and bones.... Now am up 40#.... but have developed terrible whole-body pain inc joints... also numbness and tingling in feet & legs... NEVER feel well anymore.  Result is depression.

BUT..... my blood sugars keep dropping into the 40's.  Also, regularly, I'm experiencing evening nausea and indigestion/heartburn.  At times, the nausea precedes a severe blood sugar drop.  I don't even notice it, until the severe sweating and shaking begins, which is how I know I am below 50. 

Suggestions would be nice, if any.  I am nearing the end of my rope. 

Thx

Ann M.
on 12/4/10 10:38 pm - Peoria, AZ
You might want to make an appointment with an endocrinologist to see if there's something else going on.  He can work in conjunction with your surgeon to help you get back to a healthy life.  Please don't give up, there has to be an answer out there and the more help you have looking at the problem, the better it'll be.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Deanne K.
on 12/5/10 9:02 am - Tucson, AZ
Have they tested you for Colitis or Crohns?  It could answer the malabsorption part with the vitamins. 

Blood sugars I have no idea.  I had them prior to revision and don't really have them much anymore, but I do watch them.  I always keep glucose tablets and eat every couple of hours, especially if my blood sugar is in the 70's.  Do see an endocrinologist and a gastroenterologist.

MDIASMOORE1969
on 1/4/11 4:16 pm - PHOENIX, AZ
I have hypoglycemia as well.... seeing an endocrinologist at Mayo Clinic along with their other doctors.  Hope you find the help you need soon... those low blood sugars are dangerous!
Most Active