Gaining weight during "supervised weight-loss"???

cherubchic85
on 10/30/10 5:29 am
Hi all!  So Tuesday is my last weigh in then it's on to submitting everything to the insurance company!!! I am so stressed out I feel like I'm going to go crazy!  I'm worried that I might have gained weight since my last weigh in (not a ton, maybe 2 pounds), and I wanted to know if anyone out there had this happen to them and if that means that my insurance company (Aetna) would not approve the surgery because of my gain??? I am doing everything I can do to be SUPER VIGILANT these last few days (and have even contemplated the Colace and water diet)!  HELP!!!
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/30/10 12:43 pm - Mexico
I don't believe Aetna requires weight loss during the diet, just the effort.

Try Atkins. Don't cut portions, cut carbs. You are more likely to lose and the water comes off first, it weighs a lot too! ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Superspouse
on 11/1/10 4:26 pm - AZ
I am in my last month of my supervised diet as well. I gained weight last month but I do not think its going to hinder my insurance companies decision. (at least I hope not). I have been a slow loser during this diet but I have lost lots of inches!

Best of luck to ya!
AZsheltiemom
on 11/9/10 10:09 pm - Yuma, AZ
They want to see that you tried, not how much you can lose.  It is a dual edged knife, if you lose too much, they can deny you saying you lost X amount of pounds during this time so you should be able to do it on your own.  The gain can be water weight too.

Think positive and you will be fine.  Good luck

Lois

Most Active