Fed up with Waiting!

mrsnate
on 10/26/10 2:41 pm
VSG on 04/27/12 with
I'm sure you're right about that!  I started this process August 2009.  I feel like I've been pretty patient, considering.  Hopefully the ball will get rolling now that I'm so fired up!!! :)
ginau
on 10/27/10 12:08 am - mesa, AZ
Who is your pt advocate/ liason ? Give her a call and express your frustration .. Get an update on where she is at in the process

. Can you threaten to find another Dr if she cant/ wont do her job ?   just saying with this economy ..... 

Think I heard the average wait is about 6- 8 months - your well over that !

BTW - I now have a Pat Benetar Song in my head ...... All fired Up !!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

mrsnate
on 10/27/10 1:15 am
VSG on 04/27/12 with

My advocate is Ronette.  She's nice but obviously overworked and way too busy.  I did call and ask for her supervisor, so will see what that does.  In the mean time, I'm doctor shopping just to be sure. 

Michelle L.
on 11/29/10 12:32 am - Phoenix, AZ
Ronette is my advocate as well, and I've never spoken to her. But I've also got Kathy's card, and she's almost always there with an answer.
Missy52
on 10/29/10 8:16 am

I personally cant stand the way Bridges works! Those girls and seminars were the worst that I had ever gone to, they didnt give alot of good information for someone who doesnt know any different than what they were told at Bridges may think that this was some useful information but I was so disappointed! I actually had my father go to Banners seminar which are free just to see the difference, he wanted to switch hospitals because he felt that Bridges was incompetant after going to Banners seminar however he was Medicare and Gateway wasnt a center of excellance in April when he had his RNY so this was not an option. With all this being said I feel bad that the surgeons have Bridges representing them because from what I have researched Fang and Jaurez seem to be good surgeons. We couldnt ever get through to anyone in that office even if we drove there we would wait and wait and wait. I befriended those two girls just to get what we needed to get this process rolling, I dont know what type of background they have as far as insurance experience because I kept getting told everytime I called to see what the hold up was that they were waiting on insurance...um Medicare only doesnt require insurance approval, I feel that this was their way of sidetracking people who dont know anything about insurance, my father being one. I will tell you that they both told me numerous times how overworked they are and that there are so many people waiting on them and they just cant keep up, they do the easy ones get them out of the way and move onto a harder one when time permits!

mrsnate
on 10/30/10 4:57 am
VSG on 04/27/12 with
I absolutely agree!  I went to an information session at Banner too (really liked them, but at the time they weren't a Center of Excellence) and felt they had lots better information.  How's your Dad doing, by the way?  I'm excited and nervous but SO ready to get this done.
Most Active