Fed up with Waiting!

mrsnate
on 10/24/10 11:20 am
VSG on 04/27/12 with
I wish I had someone who could help me...so I'm t urning to you all!  I've been in the process for almost a year (!!!) to get approved for WLS.  I'd decided on Dr. Sprunger to do my lap RNY, but dealing with the Bridges Center and their "patient advocates" isn't an easy process.  I can't get anyone to return my calls and I'm still waiting for them to submit my paperwork to my insurance.  I'm wondering, do all doctors use a "liason/advocate" type of service?  I'm serioulsy beginning to consider switching doctors/offices.  Banner Gateway? I don't know. Thanks for any advice.
WASaBubbleButt
on 10/25/10 12:38 am - Mexico
On October 24, 2010 at 6:20 PM Pacific Time, mrsnate wrote:
I wish I had someone who could help me...so I'm t urning to you all!  I've been in the process for almost a year (!!!) to get approved for WLS.  I'd decided on Dr. Sprunger to do my lap RNY, but dealing with the Bridges Center and their "patient advocates" isn't an easy process.  I can't get anyone to return my calls and I'm still waiting for them to submit my paperwork to my insurance.  I'm wondering, do all doctors use a "liason/advocate" type of service?  I'm serioulsy beginning to consider switching doctors/offices.  Banner Gateway? I don't know. Thanks for any advice.

i honestly don't know anything about your surgeon.  I've heard the name, that's all I know.

You need to remember that they are working for you, not the other way around.  If they are not meeting your needs then find someone who will.  You will be working with these people after surgery as well, do you want to wait and be ignored if you are having problems?

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
mrsnate
on 10/25/10 1:22 am
VSG on 04/27/12 with
You are SO right!  Someone else pointed that out to me to (about after the surgery) and I've never thought of it that way.  I'm going to be making some phone calls today....Thanks again!
beckipoohbear
on 10/25/10 4:10 am - AZ
I definitely agree, get on the phone and get some answers.  If you can't get any you may want to switch.  Dr. Sprunger did my surgery and he is great, however, that was back when he was with Scottsdale Bariatric Center.  You want to be comfortable with both the surgeon and the office.  Good luck!

Rebecca
3  1/2 Marathons down!!! Getting ready to try a marathon!
Day of surgery - 252.5 Highest weight - 269 Goal weight - 134, reached!!

JRinAZ
on 10/25/10 1:26 pm - Layton, UT
On October 24, 2010 at 6:20 PM Pacific Time, mrsnate wrote:
That's rough biz.  I dont' like to mess around with practices that act like they don't have time to help me either.  However, the office staff isn't necessarily representive of the skill of the surgeons.  Fang & Juarez have a great reputation for what they do.

Banner Gateway is an excellent choice!  Dr. Podkamini offers the Band, Rny and the Sleeve.  I personally feel that the DS is the BEST surgery (stats prove that as well) but the sleeve is a good option and Banner does GREAT sleeves (small). 

I wouldn't recommend any of the surgeon's in AZ for a DS.  (And...you probably don't want to wait for Dr. Blackstone to get her 100 practice surgeries done?  LOL!) 

Good luck!  I hope you get a surgery date soon!!!
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

WASaBubbleButt
on 10/26/10 4:51 am - Mexico

Please be very careful when someone is suggesting you leave your own state and travel for surgery.  There is typically a financial motive behind it and a long history of using the boards to recruit for various doctors

There are probably 3-4 seriously great revision surgeons in the country and when I write that I mean someone that can do something as drastic as RNY to DS.  One of those surgeons is in our own state, John Husted, he's here  in the valley.

Just know that not everyone posting is posting with ethical behavior and some have even admitted doing this behavior in the past.

It is WRONG to harm someone's reputation and tell half truths just to get a patient to pay more money, leave the state, go out of network, and all the additional costs of airfare and hotels just for the almighty commission.  Heck, it would be cheaper to just give someone their commission and stay local.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
4bugz
on 10/26/10 5:08 am
Is he with Phoenix Bridges or Tempe? 

We are working with Phoenix Bridges and usually have good success reaching the patient advocates through email rather than by phone.  Maybe they are able to more quickly scan through emails and respond to them vs. voice messages?  At the Phoenix center they have two patient advocates depending on what letter your last name starts wtih.    I do know our advocate seems very caring and is working hard towards getting us approved ... ... Maybe if it becomes too big of an issue you can switch tto Phoenix without too much hassle.  We are excited about  working with Dr. Jaurez!
mrsnate
on 10/26/10 7:41 am
VSG on 04/27/12 with
You know, it's been an ongoing problem whether through email or phone.  I've tried both.  Sad part is, I realy like my patient advocate, she's super nice...when I can talk with her.  And it is through Tempe.  I've heard good things about Juarez and Fang.  I think I need to do some serious thinking regarding what I want.  I was sure I wanted RNY,  now I'm debating DS.  I'll be saying some heartfelt prayers to make a decision. :) Thanks for your advice.
Deanne K.
on 10/26/10 8:01 am - Tucson, AZ

I talked to Dr. Schlesinger's office today regarding an issue and all surgeries are being submitted by Bridges, whi*****ludes Juarez, Fang, Schlesinger and Sprunger now.  They are all using the same patient advocates.

ginau
on 10/26/10 1:57 pm - mesa, AZ

The waiting is always the hardest part. you might want to call and talk to the office manager. she/ he might  give you some explanation of why things are moving so slow...  or  they might be able to light a fire under someones bootie ?

In the end  -  It's  worth the wait !!!

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Most Active