Dr. Fang and Dr. Juarez St Lukes Pheonix AZ

galla1
on 10/22/10 6:07 am
Has anyone had any experiences with these Doctors? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Jeni
JRinAZ
on 10/22/10 6:57 am - Layton, UT
On October 22, 2010 at 1:07 PM Pacific Time, galla1 wrote:
Has anyone had any experiences with these Doctors? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Jeni
Hubby had Dr. Fang and had GREAT results!

Dr. Juarez has done some of my follow-up and totally knows his stuff!!!

You would be in great hands with either of those surgeons......but, neither one does the Duodenal Switch.  If that's a surgery you may be interested in then you can get info at
www.dsfacts.com

They both do the Sleeve (VSG) though and it's the 2nd best surgery EVER!!!

Good luck on your journey!  WLS totally rocks!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

galla1
on 12/2/10 6:52 am
what is your reasoning for the DS vs. RNY? I dont believe my insurance will cover the DS, but I think it would be a good idea to check all of my options.
Thanks,
Jeni
snoozing61
on 10/22/10 1:04 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
Dr. Juarez did my Colon surgery on June 4, 2010 and my Band surgery Aug. 12, 2010.  He is a great doctor.  I only meet Dr. Fang when he was covering for Dr. Juarez one day while in the hospital the first time with the Colon surgery.  He seems really nice too.  I thought the staff at the hospital was totally awesome, too.  Both times. LOL 

highest WT: 364#s (05/10); pre-op: 314#s(08/10); current: 292#s (11/10); Christmas goal: 279#'s; "happy" goal: 190#s; ultimate goal: 164#s 
dbuckeye
on 10/24/10 3:37 pm - Sun City, AZ
I had Dr. Fang.  Nothing but good things to say about him.  If I had it to do over again I would still choose Dr. Fang.

Debbie 

CERTIFIED SUPPORT GROUP LEADER
                         SUN CITY

[email protected]

WASaBubbleButt
on 10/25/10 12:36 am - Mexico
I only know them by rep and research, not personally.

If I were to have surgery in the US I would go to John Husted, but Fang and Juarez are also very good. John Husted came to AZ in June and he is one of about three surgeons in the US that can do very complicated and tricky bariatric procedures.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
galla1
on 10/29/10 7:27 am
 Thank you all for your input. I appreciate it very much. I'm finding it very hard to make a decision on the surgeon I should choose!! Thanks again

Jeni
Missy52
on 10/29/10 8:19 am
My father had Fang and thought he was ok, I felt as though he rushed a little through office visits. My friend had Juarez and loved him. Do you have to stay with St Lukes? If not I recommend Podkameni at Banner Gateway.
Shanwoo_2010
on 12/15/10 3:00 am - AZ
I am a patient of Dr. Fang and he is wonderful. I liked him from day one when I met him almost 2 years ago. I just had sugery last month and he has been very supportive and seems to care about his patients.
avondalefatty
on 12/16/10 9:10 am - avondale, AZ
I must be in the minority. I've met both Dr. Juarez and Dr. Fang. Dr. Fang I only saw briefly for a minor procedure, but he seemed nice. Dr. Juarez on the other hand seems to mumble a lot, does not offer any specific advice or solutions, and is completely disconnected from the records and office staff.
Most Active