Butterflies

Luvresia
on 10/7/10 10:21 am - Phoenix, AZ

My surgery date is in December and it seems like the weeks are just flying by and now I'm getting butterflies in my tummy. Not cold feet I know this is what I need to do, and I'm truly being blessed by being able to get this done......It feels like I'm 10 years old again and Christmas is coming......thought I would share how excited I am.....this is really going to happen(:

FLGail
on 10/7/10 3:26 pm - Sun City, AZ
WELCOME to the LOOSERS side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You will be very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Gail
JRinAZ
on 10/8/10 3:38 am - Layton, UT
WLS is the absolute BEST reason to be excited!  December is just around the  corner with an amazing journey ahead!!!

Let us know how we can support you!

This is a GREAT time to set your goals and mae your milestone "reward" plan.  .....  i.e. New shoes at first 25 pounds down......Six Flags after losing 100 pounds, etc.  !!!! Have fun with it....oh, and pull out any tight clothing you have cuz you'll have about 5 minutes to wear them before they're too big!!!!

Huggggzzz,
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Luvresia
on 10/10/10 6:19 am - Phoenix, AZ
Thank you both or your comments, feels good to have so much support about this. I never thought about setting rewards for myself after I have reached milestones....that is a really good idea. I have been going through my clothes and it looks like a clothing store all the different sizes I have been over the years.....but I know that soon all of that will be changing and I be on the road to a healthier happier ME!!
cwallsaz
on 10/17/10 2:17 pm - AZ
Hi!

I am having the RUN Y November 17, 2010 and I just received my PREOP pack!! many thoughts going thru my head now... trying to keep postive im a bit scared.  46 with a  2 year old son well hes amlost three in December. I want to see him grow oyu  know!

What type are you having?

I am looking t find poeple I can talk to ask they and I have the surgery and after.. to help....each other..
My doctor is Dr. Blackstone in Scottsdale and I live in BUckeye!!

Hope to here from you! ANYONE!!
Luvresia
on 10/17/10 3:39 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hello,

I completely understand the way you feel, I have 6 children myself and want to see them graduate college, get married and have thier own families. This was a tough decision for me to make and I have tried about everything to get the weight off but nothing really seems to work. I know this is what will give me life long results. The procedure that I will be having is the RNY at Banner Gateway and my surgen is Dr. Podkameni. I have heard lots of wonderful things about Dr. Blackstone and her facility so your in good hands. That would be great we can be a support system for one another, since you will be going through it first you can tell me what to expect I'm soooo nervous, excited and happy all at the same time......it's crazy....I feel truly blessed
JRinAZ
on 10/18/10 2:12 am - Layton, UT
Hey there Luvresia!

Isn't your date in December?  Just a couple of Holidays away!!!

I'm heading to Banner's psych support group on Wednesday.  Are you going to be there?

4:30 - Every 3rd Weds of the month in the rooms past the cafeteria

I LOVE Dr. Goodhall's level headed approach to everything!  All the Banner Gateway groups are open to everyone.

Maybe I'll get to meet you at one of the groups?!!!

Joyce 

cwallsaz
on 10/19/10 11:51 am - AZ
cwallsaz
on 10/19/10 11:55 am - AZ
JRinAZ
on 10/18/10 2:08 am - Layton, UT
Hiya friend!

November 17th is just around the corner!  Woooo HOOOOO!  Your 2 year old son is going to love his new active mommy!  Better health is a great gift to give you and your family!

Use your pre-op time to sort through your closet....hang up the boxed items that are too tight (and put them on immediately after your surgery or you'll zip right past them!!!)......write down some milestone goals with corresponding (non-food) related goals!  Write a bucket list!  ....things you want to do in your life with a healthy body! 

Research and read all the forums here so you're prepared for everything!!!

My best advice to pre-op peeps is to "get informed" and commit to attending support groups forever!!!  Food is an addiction and regardless of one's surgery choice; the addiction  can sabotage the surgery!  ....  support groups (not unlike AA) can help us stay on track!!!

Dr. Blackstone has fabulous support groups and there are peer groups throughout the valley as well.  I attend one at Banner Estrella, one at  Chandler Regional and the groups at Banner Gateway!!!

Good luck!!!  Keep us posted!

Joyce 

Most Active