Fate of AZ Grads group? HELP!!

JRinAZ
on 10/5/10 1:20 pm - Layton, UT
Phoenix St Luke's will no longer host the Az Grads of WLS support group!!!!

Sooooo.......we are looking for a home!

Anyone have any ideas?  ......  The group was always fairly small but rotated with great people who needed the Graduate type of discussions vs the newbie chatter.

Chandler Regional Hospital is available.

Maybe Banner Estrella.....

One member suggested their clubhouse....

We could possibly get a library community room.....

We could meet monthly on Sasturday mornings at random restaurants all over the valley?

Since we all gather from the whole valley, it's probably a good idea to go as central as possible or rotate locations.

The Grads group is for those who have had ANY type of Weight Loss Surgery and who are at least 1 year post-op.

You can email me privately if you have some ideas or just post on here.
[email protected]

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

liveinphx
on 10/9/10 7:28 am - Phoenix, AZ
I might be interested in something on Satruday morning centraly located. Perhaps somewhere like Wildflower Bread or Paradise Bakery where folks pay as they go for the food so there are no issues with separate checks and such.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
JRinAZ
on 10/10/10 3:38 am - Layton, UT
I LOVE both those places!  LOL!   (Houston, that may be a problem!)

We have options for Saturday mornings at Chandler Regional Hospital and Banner Estrella for those who worry about meeting around food (received one "concerned" email in that regard).

Are you thinking of a specific "central" location?  A few years ago, we had a "roving Grads group".....hitting various parts of the valley with the hope that everyone could hit at least one of the get together's every 3 months or so.  It became a pain to keep up for me.....and the 5 people who came consistently didn't care where we met so that's when we took Phx St Luke's up on their offer for a location.

Grads are fickle.  We're busy living our lives (finally!!!!) and some of us don't think we need support groups any longer....then there's the case of the grads who may have some regain and are embarrassed to return, or whose labs have gone South or who have emotional issues with their "new healthier bodies"....of course WE are the ones *****ally need to come.  Long term support = long term success!

Anyway.....I sincerely hope that wherever we "land" that you will be able to join us!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

liveinphx
on 10/10/10 8:08 am - Phoenix, AZ
I live in Central Phoenix and would be far less likely to attend in Chandler or Estrella. I have a friend that I was actually asking for, however she also lives in Central Phoenix. I am not willing, at this point in my life, to commit to anything in terms of certain days or times but keep me posted and I can pass the info along to her.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
Most Active