Lap band to RNY

bubbles1
on 10/2/10 5:46 am - Surprise, AZ

bubbles1
Surprise, AZ
Hilario Juarez M.D. Member Since: 05/12/10
[Latest Posts]

I know this has probably been covered before but ...I have been hearing about people being very disappointed when revising lap band to RNY....slow or no weight loss...This really scares me. I have to have the lap band out no matter what but now I am worrying about revising to the RNY if it is not going to work....Please do not repond with check out  the DS I am not interested in it...no judgement...it is just not an option for me. Anyone with this procedure I would love hearing from. Thanks!

WASaBubbleButt
on 10/11/10 1:36 am - Mexico
On October 2, 2010 at 12:46 PM Pacific Time, bubbles1 wrote:

bubbles1
Surprise, AZ
Hilario Juarez M.D. Member Since: 05/12/10
[Latest Posts]

I know this has probably been covered before but ...I have been hearing about people being very disappointed when revising lap band to RNY....slow or no weight loss...This really scares me. I have to have the lap band out no matter what but now I am worrying about revising to the RNY if it is not going to work....Please do not repond with check out  the DS I am not interested in it...no judgement...it is just not an option for me. Anyone with this procedure I would love hearing from. Thanks!

How well did you do with the band?  WHat happened with the band?  No sweet spot?  Reflux?  Eating around the band?  The reason I ask is that if you do well with restriction alone but have mega band issues a sleeve might be the ticket as well.

If you just can't make the dietary changes then with BP you'll lose weight but regain it when you quit malabsorbing.

Same with DS to a degree, no WLS type fixes white carbs such as flour and sugar.

I totally relate to needing to get he band out, BTDT.  I revised to a sleeve at goal to maintain.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
marcie K.
on 12/5/10 1:00 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
 I revised to sleeve so it's different then rny but for me the weight loss is just MUCH SLOWER than with the band but I'm still loosing.  My dr kind of reamed me out at my last follow up that I'd never hit goal and that I'm not following the rules but I just stand by I don't follow his "matrix" since I wasn't a sleeve original.  I had my band for nine months and lost 80lbs; I had the revision almost a year ago and have lost another 70lbs.  It's been 21 months since my band and I'm down 150lbs; that's a success in my book.  I'm still moving downward at 2-4lbs a month.  He thought I should be at goal by six months out and I wasn't.  I'm still 30lbs away from goal but at least I'm headed that way!  I had to have my band removed because I just couldn't tolerate it; I loved the band but it did not love me.  I just think because I had already been loosing weight the weight loss has been slower than if I had been a wls virigin.  

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/9/10 6:49 am - Mexico
On December 5, 2010 at 9:00 PM Pacific Time, marcie K. wrote:
 I revised to sleeve so it's different then rny but for me the weight loss is just MUCH SLOWER than with the band but I'm still loosing.  My dr kind of reamed me out at my last follow up that I'd never hit goal and that I'm not following the rules but I just stand by I don't follow his "matrix" since I wasn't a sleeve original.  I had my band for nine months and lost 80lbs; I had the revision almost a year ago and have lost another 70lbs.  It's been 21 months since my band and I'm down 150lbs; that's a success in my book.  I'm still moving downward at 2-4lbs a month.  He thought I should be at goal by six months out and I wasn't.  I'm still 30lbs away from goal but at least I'm headed that way!  I had to have my band removed because I just couldn't tolerate it; I loved the band but it did not love me.  I just think because I had already been loosing weight the weight loss has been slower than if I had been a wls virigin.  

Remember, your weight loss is going to slow down regardless of which surgery type the closer you get to goal.  I remember when I had my band I was losing like crazy and the closer I got to goal the slower it was.  Then mega band complications set in and I lost more than I really wanted to.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active