Obstetrics?

drich
on 9/24/10 4:32 am - Maricopa, AZ
Lap Band on 12/18/06 with
So...I just found out that I am pregnant.... 10 weeks!

Does anyone have any recommendations for an OB that has experience with Lap-Band patients?
FLGail
on 9/24/10 6:29 am - Sun City, AZ
I really can't help you answer that question because I am fairly new in Az, but if I was you I would call and talk to Dr.P.  since he was your lap band doctor.  Good Luck.  Gail
drich
on 9/26/10 12:03 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Lap Band on 12/18/06 with
Thanks....I did that already. I was looking for some other options since Banner Gateway is so far away from my house.

I'm looking for East Valley, but not quite that far east....
JRinAZ
on 9/26/10 3:29 pm - Layton, UT
On September 26, 2010 at 7:03 PM Pacific Time, drich wrote:
Thanks....I did that already. I was looking for some other options since Banner Gateway is so far away from my house.

I'm looking for East Valley, but not quite that far east....
Congratulations!  Nothing more exciting than a baby!

My 2 daughter in-laws have gone with Goodman OB/GYN and I know some of the Goodman family personally.  I know there are some family members who have had weight loss surgery so my guess is that the docs with their practices (3 or 4 in the East Valley) are familiar with WLS post-op care.

Good luck!!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ginau
on 9/28/10 10:18 am - mesa, AZ
Dr Waters in Chandler at Todays Woman is very weightloss friendly - There is also another Dr  there who is wonderful !!! Dr F?   Dobson & Warner  area

BTW - Congratulations ??

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Pippigirl
on 1/26/11 9:25 am
Hi there,
You'll be fine!  The baby will take whatever he/she needs.  Just keep up with your vitamins plus the prenatals.  I got pregnant 1 year after RNY, before I'd lost all the weight.  The difference?  I got pregnant with TRIPLETS.  I was on extra vitamins and ONLY gained 27 lbs, but they were all healthy and home within a week.  They are now in kindergarten.  No worries about the lap band-the idea that you need to "eat for two" isn't true.
Good luck,
Lanelle
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/26/11 11:22 am - Mexico
It would be an issue if you were malabsorbing but you aren't. You will be like any other preggo lady.

Congrats to you!

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active