Just submitted paperwork today! Let the waiting begin

4bugz
on 9/23/10 4:39 am, edited 9/23/10 4:42 am
So it has taken us this long to get all of the paperwork in order ... but today we faxed it all in to the office!  Hopefully everything is as it should be and they will submit in the next couple of  days. 

Hoping to get his surgery done before it starts snowing, the roads from here to Phoenix get pretty nasty in the winter ;-)  Getting ancy!
moving-on
on 10/6/10 1:56 pm - Rimrock, AZ
Ok, its been a few weeks.  Have you heard anything yet??
I myself am waiting as well.  I had been given approval and then denial in the middle of my liquid diet.  I had my appeal denied and have appealed again.  Really trying to remain positive so I can move on with my life.
You are funny.  If you cannot drive to Phx due to snow we have issues :)  Where would you be coming from?  I live in Rimrock, which is between Flagstaff and Phx.
Moving on to better health        
4bugz
on 10/6/10 5:19 pm
Sorry to hear about your denial!  I am sure something will pull through ... what insurance do you have?

Today I heard back from DH's coordinator.  She has everything else she needs except ONE THING  (which we were told in July would not be needed).  Dr. Jaurez indicated in his office notes from July that he wanted a cardiac clearance ... but we were not made aware of that in the office visit.  A little frustrated to have wasted months of time when the clearance could have been done by now if we had known.  But really in the end it's ok, it shouldn't take too long to get it ... and it's probably a good thing to have anyway just to be on the safe side!!  She was very nice and thought that everything would come together pretty quickly for us once that clearance is done.  And I do appreciate that she called back so quickly with as many patients as she has to work with! 

So Friday is the day for the initial visit with the cardiologist.  We should be done with all of that within the next 1-2 weeks.  Hopefully ;-)
moving-on
on 10/7/10 1:29 pm - Rimrock, AZ
I have Bridgeways/AHCCCS. 
Did they not give you a list of requirements when you started this?  I was give a page full of insurance requirements.  And yes I agree,   cardiac clearance is really important.  Who is your coordinator?  I have been working with Kathy.

I wish you the best.  Keep in touch and let me know how things go. 
Moving on to better health        
4bugz
on 10/26/10 5:15 am

Just another update:

Obtained cardiac clearance on 10/15/2010
Coordinator submitted to BCBS on 10/18/2010

Today we heard back from our coordinator that B CBS needs a two year history of weight loss attempts by the end of the day.  We have called back with the information.  Hopefully that means we will hear something in the next 1-2 days! 

Feeling anticipatory!

Most Active