Humble Apologies!

JRinAZ
on 9/11/10 1:08 pm - Layton, UT
Hiya Peeps!
I've been away for over 3 weeks and couldn't post on O.H. with my iPhone
for some reason

I had a zillion pm's so be patient as I wade through them.......  If your question needs an answer asap then plz send me a new pm, K?  I promise to get back with you soon!

I hope all of you are doing great!!!  .....  I just finished an amazing road trip!  It was challenging to keep up with my vites and proteins and to stay away from the "traveling cravings"!!!  I think I'm going to join some of you and jump on board with the "back to basics" 5 day (or longer protein feast) and tame the Carb Monster!!!!

I had some amazing experiences and thanked my Lucky Stars more than once that I am able to participate in life with a thinner/healthier body vs watching from a distance!!!  I faced my fear of heights and did a 2 hour zipline through the Giant Redwoods of CA!!!!  WOW!!!!! My fb friends can check out my pics;)

Welcome to the newbies and best wishes to those of you on deck for surgery!!!!

I'm planning on getting to the Banner Gateway Support Group this coming Weds at 4:30!!!!  I hope to see bunches of you there!!!

Big Huggggzzzz!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Ann M.
on 9/13/10 10:58 am - Peoria, AZ
Welcome home Joyce.  It's nice to have you back.  I would love to do a zipline but my shoulde won't allow me but it's in my dreams to do and hopefully one day it'll happen.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
JRinAZ
on 9/14/10 1:28 am - Layton, UT
Hiya Ann!!!

I'll bet you could zipline after a little shoulder therapy?  How's it feeling after your surgery?  ......  I was just weeks out of my major surgery and was a little worried about it.  In fact, I kind of fudged on the pre-zipline paperwork so I could do it   But.....the real strength needed to be in the arms so my mid section was just fine.  I got an inner giggle over the posted weight limit!  There was definitely a time when I wouldn't have been able to zip cuz of the weight restriction!!!  .....  I was NOT however prepared for the fear I felt at first when I peered over the edge 150 ft down!!....It disappeared after I started swishing through the trees

Say hi to all of your Sun City support group folks!  I've got to get back to work ONE OF THESE DAYS   but want to get to the early morning group sometime soon!  I've missed all the WLS buds!

Hugggzzz to you!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Ann M.
on 9/14/10 5:06 am - Peoria, AZ
I'll have to do some homework on the zip line.  The right arm won't go up very high (just past my waist) but the left should be ok once physical therapy is done and I start getting some strength back.  I don't think I'll be able to do anything for another year though.  I don't want to risk a re-tear in my left shoulder like the right has or I'd be totally disabled because I wouldn't have the use of my arms to take care of myself.  As it is, Larry has to help with the shower and dressing me cause I can't do it by myself yet (how embarassing but I'm glad we're married 40 years, lol).

Keep your calendar open for the 2nd Saturday in December for our annual Sun Cities Group Christmas party.  We'll have more announcements once we figure out where we're going to have it.  We had a nice turnout last year and I'd love to have more people this year.
Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active