I can't beleive this

bubbles1
on 9/2/10 12:42 pm - Surprise, AZ
So band is eroding and I am in pain....Revising to RNY. I have to go thru the whole process as if starting over...I already did all of the preop once! The bad thing is  I am in pain while waiting...So stressed!

LinR
on 9/2/10 8:01 pm
Sorry to hear you are in pain.  You will love your RNY.  Hopethe wait is not too long.  Hugs. LinR

bubbles1
on 9/4/10 4:42 am - Surprise, AZ
Thanks...

liveinphx
on 9/5/10 11:51 pm - Phoenix, AZ
On September 2, 2010 at 7:42 PM Pacific Time, bubbles1 wrote:
So band is eroding and I am in pain....Revising to RNY. I have to go thru the whole process as if starting over...I already did all of the preop once! The bad thing is  I am in pain while waiting...So stressed!
As long as you are revising you may want to look at ALL your potential options (though insurance may limit) the options.
VSG will give you restriction without malabsorbtion and has simiilar success rates as RNY without some of the potential issues related to malabsorbtion and things like dumping which may or may not occur with RNY anyway (much less likely with sleeve).
If you DO want malabsorbtion RNY and DS both may be worth investigating. It might be worth the time and effort to check out each of the procedures before you make your final decision.
Again I do now know if insurance gives you any options but from the standpoint of just educating yourself about the procedures it might be a good idea.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
bubbles1
on 9/6/10 5:05 am - Surprise, AZ
I have researched extensivly...my first choice was the sleeve, but Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ will not approve even with appeal letter stating medical need. My BMI is not even close enough to get the DS, although I don't think I want the DS...I have heard alot of positive but have found some interesting articles on the long term effects of the DS that are a little scary. So the RNY is what I am hoping for....I wish I would have done this in the first place and not had the lap band at all.

liveinphx
on 9/6/10 6:22 am - Phoenix, AZ
It is way frustrating that more insurance companies are not yet approving the sleeve. I am hopeful that will change sometime, sadly not soon enough for you.
I too would not consider the DS as an option though it appears to be a great choice for many the potential risks and complications were not worth the potential "pay off" in terms of estimated weight loss and estimated rates of keeping the weight off.
I think many folks are starting to regret having gotten the band, at least from the posts I see on these boards.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
snoozing61
on 9/12/10 2:34 pm - Apache Junction, AZ
I'm sorry to hear that you are in pain.  I wondered if you would mind if I asked a couple questions????  As you can see we have the some surgeon.......did Dr. Juarez do your Band surgery?  Do you know what caused your band to erode?  Best of luck to you getting this taken care of and feeling better SOON.   Snooze
WASaBubbleButt
on 9/14/10 4:46 am - Mexico
Keep appealing for the surgery type you want!!! To go the external medical review through the state of AZ. YOU have to live with this surgery for the rest of your life, get the surgery type you want.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active