Support Groups & exercise buddy

Donna226
on 8/29/10 10:04 am
I'm almost at my one year mark since lap-band surgery in Mexico. Very pleased with my Surgeon and surgery but I need local support & inspiration. I'm still not near my goal.  Is there a list or something of local Support groups open to anyone not just patients of a specific dr or hospital?

Also I'm trying to find an exercise buddy. Anyone else need one? I live in mesa but I'm not affraid to drive. 

liveinphx
on 8/29/10 11:10 am - Phoenix, AZ
Not sure about the support groups Joyce should chime in soon with those. I know Banner has some and St Lukes was having some but I am not sure if they are still going. Both allowed folks that had surgery elsewhere to attend.
As far as an exercise buddy goes you may want to go to meetup.com. I was looking for folks to hike with and found many beginning hiking groups all over the Valley with hikes all sorts of days and times. They have all sorts of groups doing all sorts of things and most all of them are free. Just google meetup.com, then AZ, then whatever you are looking for, like exercize, or walking, or hiking or quilting or whatever your interest is.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
Donna226
on 8/29/10 11:31 am
thx for the info I'll look that up.

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 8/29/10 2:05 pm - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22

Hi Donna,

Banner Gateway on the 60 and Higley,  1st and 2nd Tuesday and 3rd Wednesday.  They are open to all.  At least its in Mesa.  I know Joyce has a list of all the support meeting in the Valley.

Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

Most Active