Dr. Blackstone...FYI

StephOinAZ
on 8/24/10 7:41 pm
Hello my fellow Arizonians :)

I just wanted to spread the word that Dr. Blackstone is going to be heading to NY for training to do the DS surgery in November  FINALLY! 

If any of you are like me and want the DS but would prefer not to travel out of state for it...your wait will soon be over! 
ginau
on 8/25/10 11:18 am - mesa, AZ

Why did she postpone her training ? she was suppose to be done already.

And NEWS flash  - there are other  Dr's in our state that do the D.S.

Dont know as I would want to be her first ..

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

StephOinAZ
on 8/25/10 1:49 pm
Ooops, somehow this got posted above yours so I deleted it and am reposting as a reply directly---

I'm not sure why it was postponed.  

I did see that Dr. Husted has moved to Phoenix.  He's the only other DS surgeon in AZ that I'm aware of.  Do you know of others?  I saw one in Tucson but when I called for info, they said they don't actually do the DS.

I've heard a lot of complaints about Dr. Husted that send up some red flags.  The reviews I've read on him are all good, but there's a lot of concern about how many times he's moved his practice and how hard he is to reach. 

Being in the first group of patients for a new surgery is risky, indeed.  There are a lot of things to consider.  I have an appointment with Dr. Blackstone and Melissa in September to go over some of my concerns. 
liveinphx
on 8/29/10 11:20 am - Phoenix, AZ
So far as I know Blackstone has only started doing the Vertical Sleeve in the past year, not much longer than that I don't think. I know she has been doing lap band and RNY for many many years but not sure she would be my "go to" person for the sleeve much less DS.
Whatever you do is it truthful, necessary and kind?
WASaBubbleButt
on 9/14/10 4:51 am - Mexico
On August 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM Pacific Time, StephOinAZ wrote:
Ooops, somehow this got posted above yours so I deleted it and am reposting as a reply directly---

I'm not sure why it was postponed.  

I did see that Dr. Husted has moved to Phoenix.  He's the only other DS surgeon in AZ that I'm aware of.  Do you know of others?  I saw one in Tucson but when I called for info, they said they don't actually do the DS.

I've heard a lot of complaints about Dr. Husted that send up some red flags.  The reviews I've read on him are all good, but there's a lot of concern about how many times he's moved his practice and how hard he is to reach. 

Being in the first group of patients for a new surgery is risky, indeed.  There are a lot of things to consider.  I have an appointment with Dr. Blackstone and Melissa in September to go over some of my concerns. 

There is a very specific reason he has moved a great deal.  I wanted to know so i called and asked him.  It made sense.

instead of making assumptions perhaps facts might be a better bet on if moving is good or bad.

I'd go to Husted any 'ol day over Blackstone.

Husted
Juarez
Fang

I think they are the best in the valley.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Band to DS
on 8/20/11 9:59 am, edited 2/3/12 10:42 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

WASaBubbleButt
on 9/14/10 4:51 am - Mexico
On August 25, 2010 at 6:18 PM Pacific Time, ginau wrote:

Why did she postpone her training ? she was suppose to be done already.

And NEWS flash  - there are other  Dr's in our state that do the D.S.

Dont know as I would want to be her first ..

Hey, mark this day!  We agree. ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
StephOinAZ
on 8/25/10 1:46 pm
lostin2010
on 9/1/10 1:20 pm
Most Active