My first support group!

cherubchic85
on 8/18/10 6:18 am
I'm actually getting the chance to finally go to my first support group. And I think I really need it. I've been in the process since January, got approved for surgery, then insurance company changed so 3 more months and hopefully it'll work out this time! I'm ready. I went into my pcp for my annual exam, and apart from the scale which screamed at me that even though I have been trying to lose weight since Jan, I have failed miserably. But then the part where I had to get naked and I see my reflection in the glass...I'm just disgusted with myself. I can't believe I let myself get this way. I suddenly started crying and found myself apologizing to the dr for having the awful task of having to look at my body. I shouldn't have to live this way.
JRinAZ
on 8/18/10 9:52 am - Layton, UT
On August 18, 2010 at 1:18 PM Pacific Time, cherubchic85 wrote:
I'm actually getting the chance to finally go to my first support group. And I think I really need it. I've been in the process since January, got approved for surgery, then insurance company changed so 3 more months and hopefully it'll work out this time! I'm ready. I went into my pcp for my annual exam, and apart from the scale which screamed at me that even though I have been trying to lose weight since Jan, I have failed miserably. But then the part where I had to get naked and I see my reflection in the glass...I'm just disgusted with myself. I can't believe I let myself get this way. I suddenly started crying and found myself apologizing to the dr for having the awful task of having to look at my body. I shouldn't have to live this way.
Ahhhhh!  Big Hugggzzz to you!  pcp visits can be humiliating at best!  Hang in there.....you're just a few weeks away from finishing up your journey!!!!  Good stuff ahead:)

Sorry I missed the support group!  I was out shopping with my 4 year old and 2 year old grand daughters and totally spaced it!  Darn it!  I've missed most of the groups since my May revision and really really NEED to get back.  ....  Hopefully I'll see you next month!!!1

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active