Bullhead City Support Groups

stephaniewhite06
on 8/17/10 4:20 pm - Houston, TX
Anyone know of any?
Stephanie White

Murpel
on 8/20/10 5:53 am, edited 8/20/10 5:54 am - Fort Mohave, AZ
There is a large group of us here trying to find a place to meet. I am holding out hope for the Mutual of Omaha bank in the old Wal Mart shopping center to get their meeing room up and running.
Everyone else would rather charge us.
They used to meet at one of the local Church's group rooms but the church sold the building that was in. Then they met at restaraunts in the area after that, but that proved a disaster for some of the members.
With all of us newer WLS people, as well as the previous groups, it would be a hefty size group.
Please let me know if you are aware of any public meeting areas available.
Thank you
stephaniewhite06
on 8/23/10 9:26 am - Houston, TX
I do not know of any meeting but really would like to attend some.. I had RNY on 02/25/2010.. and just want to meet others here in BHC.. so PLEASE let me know if you know of any.. or if one gets started....and btw.. it's possible I could rent out my community center in my subdivision... it's fairly large... but someone else would have to acually do the meeting since I have no IDEA where to even begin.. just let me know..

Stephanie
Stephanie White

Murpel
on 8/23/10 12:32 pm - Fort Mohave, AZ
does renting out the community center involve money? or is it a perk of living there?
We thought we would have some of the vets start the round of meetings and have one person per surgery type do a meeting a month..week, however often we meet to go over any subject that is important to them. I believe we would have to assign 3 people per surgical type like RNY, Sleeve, Band....(not all subjects would apply to all types of surgery) for each meeting in case someone couldn't make it. Research and where the research came from (interviewing a nut by phone, on line at a bariatric site... you get the idea.) That's unless we can find someone in the medical field to be the leader. I personally will do whatever it takes to get these going. If someone else has the drive to keep it going, I'd gladly step back and just attend meetings.
stephaniewhite06
on 8/23/10 3:56 pm - Houston, TX
I will talk to the community center tomorrow.. and see what it takes to rent it out. i'll let you know.. As for me.. I am just looking to attend meetings and get to know others who have had the surgeries. I will get back with you tomorrow afternoon.
Stephanie White

Murpel
on 8/27/10 3:30 am - Fort Mohave, AZ
Mi Stephanie!
I'm hoping that you had a chance to check onthe center and have been busy?
I am still looking for a meeting place, and will until we actually find one.
stephaniewhite06
on 8/27/10 5:02 am - Houston, TX
I acually just got to talk to them this morning.. OK.. for a member of our subdivivion to rent our the clubhouse is a $50 deposit.. fully refundable after they check to make sure it's the same as it was when you rented it.. There is also a calendar that we will have to check to make sure our dates are available. Let me know how this sounds.. also.. one last thing.. the subdivision the clubhouse is located in is Katherine Heights.. going up the hill toward Kingman around 7 miles from the Laughlin Bridge.
Stephanie White

Murpel
on 9/1/10 6:25 am - Fort Mohave, AZ
Stephanie,
The only thing bad about your clubhouse, is the $50 deposit. I know it's given back, but it has to come out of someone's pocket to start with. The location isn't central, however, it's a location. Let me pass it by some of the folks I talk to on a regular basis and see what they think.
Thank you, and sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Most Active