SO FREAKING MAD! SOMEONE HELP!

ShrinkingGirl
on 7/23/10 12:13 pm
I CAN'T F*ING BELIEVE THIS SH*t!!!!!! MY SURGEON'S OFFICE JUST CANCELLED SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!! AGAIN! THEY ARE FIRED. I'M FINDING A NEW SURGEON. IF I CAN AFFORD TO START F*ING OVER. AND IF I HAVEN'T DIED OF A HEART ATTACK BY MONDAY BECAUSE I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOO ANGRY AND I'M SHAKING SO BAD RIGHT NOW AND I CRIED ALL THE WAY HOME IN THE CAR SO IT IS A MIRACLE I DIDN'T WRECK. MY BP MUST BE ABOUT 300 OVER 200 RIGHT NOW.

I JUST ******G GIVE UP. I'M TOO ******G DONE TO TRY TO CENSOR ANYTHING. I FEEL SO HELPLESS AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO AND THAT IS THE WORST FEELING IN THE ******G WORLD.
"The sun shines not on us, but in us." --John Muir

Includes 13.5 lbs lost pre-op.    
JRinAZ
on 7/23/10 5:02 pm - Layton, UT
I'm sooooooo bummed in your behalf!!!!  Nothing like pulling the rug out from under you when you're ready for your major lifechanging moment!  .....  The Doc must have had an emergency? 

Take a bid deep breath and consider your options.  Fortunately there are oodles of great surgeons in our area that do bands.  Of the choices, I am most impressed with the Banner Gateway comprehensive program.  Their support groups are amazing.  I don't know that much about Dr. Schuster there but Dr. Podkamini totally rocks!  He offers the band, vertical sleeve and Rny so you can get just what you want (too bad they don't offer the DS too).

It seems that since your Doc's office has done the cancelling that they should refund your program fee?  BTW....the majority of programs in AZ do not even charge a program fee.

I love Dr. Simpson but I can certainly understand why you'd want to go elsewhere under the cir****tances!

Good luck!  Hopefully you get a new date asap!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ShrinkingGirl
on 7/24/10 12:19 am
All I know is I have to have the surgery at a Center of Excellence and Terry let his privileges lapse there. But he and his incompetent office staff would have known well before they told me that he missed his med exec meeting which is apparently the last step in getting them back. And yet they (just like the first time around) let me going on thinking everything ishunky dory instead of just teling me what is going on. And now they want me to wait until fall? H*E*L*L no.

I've waited long enough. 

dbuckeye
on 7/26/10 6:03 am - Sun City, AZ
I had Dr Fang at Phoenix St Lukes.  He is the best in my opinion. 

Debbie

CERTIFIED SUPPORT GROUP LEADER
                         SUN CITY

[email protected]

Chris S.
on 7/24/10 10:03 am - Tempe, AZ
Dr Fang and Dr Juarez work out of St Lukes which is a Center of Excellance.  I personally would highly recommend Dr Juarez but know several that have Dr Fang and speak very highly of him as well
ShrinkingGirl
on 7/24/10 11:14 am
Thanks, Chris.  I appreciate that. I am thinking Juarez as well.

JRinAZ
on 7/25/10 3:20 am - Layton, UT
Dr. Juarez is a top surgeon.  I'd go to him in a heartbeat with serious issues (and have).  However, his specialty is Rny and his comprehensive program (Center of Excellence) is based on the Rny and not the band though they have a small band program.  My understanding is that they aren't very available for adjustments and council after the fact with the bands.  It would be something for you to seriously check into when researching.  I had my 1st WLS there and still attend their support groups.  I LOVE Jenel, their Dietician/Nutritionist!!!!!  And, their patient advocates totally rock!  A shout out to Kathy W.!!!!

I hope you can get a date soon with one of our great docs!!!! 

If you have extra research time though, you may consider going to the Revision forum on O.H. and asking about having a band.  The majority of people on that  board are those who have had bands and are looking for other surgery options since their band failed them.  I'm not a band fan and having been in the biz for bunches of years, I have yet to see a lot (if any) sustaining success with a band.  I don't want to offend anyone....but, am just hoping to help my peeps with awareness of their choices. 

I'll bet you end up with a better path and hopefully some day you'll be glad at the turn of events.  Not fun when you had your heart and schedule set though, huh?!!!!

Hugggzzzzz!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Wendy's Dream
Came true

on 7/25/10 2:00 am - Mesa, AZ
VSG on 08/09/22
I'm really sorry you're going though this.  I can totally understand your frustration. Try to take a deep breath, I believe all thing happen for a reason and maybe Dr Simpson wasn't supposed to be you surgeon. 
I had surgery at Banner Gateway I feel they have a fantastic program and great support meeting.  They are now a center of excellence.  Like Joyce said Dr Pod rocks!!!   Good luck with your search for a new surgeon.   
 Wendy  

1st fill 4cc,  2nd fill 1.5cc  3rd fill 1.5cc 4th fill .5   Total 7.5 cc  in my 11cc Realize Band.

Reached 1st goal weight 158 on 6/8/10, My Starting weight 235  
                                               Hit final goal of 145  10/25/10 

Current weight 143  
                                If you work the band the band will work for you.

snoozing61
on 7/26/10 10:26 am - Apache Junction, AZ
I hear you!!!!!  I too have gone thru so much POOP trying to get this done, that it's unreal.  The doctor that bailed out on me the first go-round was Dr. Simmons at Tempe St. Luke.  So I then made calls looking for another doctor and THAT is when I found out it had to be at a Center of Excellence, not before.  Luckily all my tests and info transferred with me over to Dr Juarez at Phx. St. Lukes.  He is a great doc!!!!  Two days before I was suppose to have my surgery I ended up in the ER out here in Mesa; was transferred over to Phx; and Dr. Juarez had to remove part of my colon.  All things considered I feel VERY comfortable with the doctor and the hospital staff.  Now I am waiting for the WLS.  Hang there.  So many people have told me that the first surgeon bailing out was just God's way of getting me to a BETTER surgeon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AZsheltiemom
on 7/30/10 12:34 pm - Yuma, AZ
If you are still looking for a surgeon, I would highly recommend Dr Robin Blackstone at the Scottsdale Bariatric Center.  She did my surgery on March 16, 2010 and I would recommend her to anyone.

Most Active