Can't afford the surgery

AZ_RN
on 7/16/10 7:13 am - Glendale, AZ
 I was wondering if anyone had ideas on how to get the surgery financed. 

My insurance requires a $5,000 copay and I don't have that kind of money laying around I applied to surgery loans.com and was denied. There is no one that I would feel comfortable asking to cosign because the people at surgery loans.com said the cosigner would have to be the primary borrower because my credit score is down. 
This is the place the dr's office suggested me using because they have the highest acceptance rate regardless of credit. 

Anyone have any ideas?

cherubchic85
on 7/17/10 3:40 am
Banner??? I'm a Banner employee and our copay is $5,000 bucks too.  I have absolutely no credit (just finished bankruptcy actually), but I did have a 401k.  Do you have a 401k?  If you do you can take a loan out of it.  No credit involved...
ginau
on 7/17/10 10:35 am - mesa, AZ

a couple come to mind , just random thoughts

borrower from life insurance ,if you have a whole life plan.

IRA  loan .or 401k loan,  

Home equity  - if you have a home with any equity.

change insurance plans when open enrollment comes along .

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

Lionetta
on 7/24/10 3:29 pm - AZ
My insurance doesn't cover the surgery at all, and I got a loan to pay for it from CareCredit. I applied online and was approved right away. The URL is www.carecredit.com and I wish you the best of luck!
Missy52
on 8/6/10 9:52 am

I'm guessing Banner too, I also have them and paid the 5000. If you talk to the admitting dept they will let you make payments. I put down 2000 and then did 50 every two weeks. The payments dont go through banner they go to an outside collection company. They (banner) will tell you it is an elective surgery so you need to pay upfront, i know for a fact you dont! They have to make thier $$ requirements each month so they say whatever they have to for you to pay, talk to the admitting manager and do the payments.

NorthValleyPlasticBlog
ger

on 11/12/10 6:22 am - AZ
 Surgeryloans.com and Carecredit are good choices.  With Carecredit you can certainly use a co-signer that will be a joint account.  We use it all the time when someone needs to come up with the money.  If this is Banner, they normally don't accept Carecredit because they don't want to pay the merchant fee.  Your surgeons office would have to absorb the merchant fee.
If that doesn't work then try other options like your bank or credit cards. 

North Valley Plastic Surgery
http://www.nvpsaz.com/body/post-bariatric 
The Leaders in Post Bariatric Surgery.

Most Active