Finding a Nutritionist

kimin08
on 7/11/10 8:05 pm - glendale, AZ
 Hello! This is my first post!! A big step for shy-me 

I live in Glendale and work in Tempe. My sister and I are hoping to have all of our paperwork ready to submit to insurance in a few more weeks (yeah!). However, we can't seem to find out what type of Nutritionist appointment will satisfy that insurance requirement. Also, if anyone can recommend a Nutritionist that is familiar with the bariatric process, that would be great!! We have a patient advocate assigned to us, but we can't get a hold of her 

Thank you All! 
Kim
JRinAZ
on 7/12/10 2:06 am - Layton, UT
The "patient advocate" verbage lends itself to me thinking you are going with Phoenix St Luke's.  So, try and contact their nutritionist/dietician: Jenel Day.  [email protected]

If you are going with Banner Gateway then you want to get in touch with Donna Simon.

Dr. Blackstone?  Cassie Stoneking (hmmm, the last name may be wrong)

Often, you can have your pcp talk to you about nutrition and that "may" count.  Call your insurance and ask them and/or shoot an email to your patient advocate.  Often times they are hung up on the phone for hours with patient's so getting through on the phone is difficult once in a while.

Welcome ot the AZ forum!!!!  No need to be shy here.  Once in a while we have a strong opinion posted but just ignore them or block them and move on  We are all about support!  Let us know how we can help you, K?!!!

Good luck with the nutritionist!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active